On paper its easy to see how impressive performance is. Compared to its competition, the Genesis G70 is almost 1:1. Not only do the numbers add up but a whole host of technology and features that help to make use of this power such as the different driving modes and 8-speed automatic transmission to name a couple.
Driving stability and ride comfort are achieved simultaneously with shock absorbers that adjust damping force according to road surface and driving conditions. The use of aluminum on the sports suspension (electronic control) and the lower arm of the amplitude-sensitive damper suspension reduces weight.
To deliver the differentiated image and overpowering driving performance of a high-performance sports sedan, 3.3T Sport is equipped with Brembo brakes, offering superior quality and braking performance.
Ground clearance, vehicle height, rear glass angle, and the height and slanting of the trunk have been carefully fine-tuned. In addition, a full length under cover that shields the lower part of the vehicle minimizes air resistance and delivers best-in-class aerodynamic performance (drag coefficient of CD 0.28).
Drivers can switch between Comfort, Eco, Sport, Smart, or Custom driving modes according to personal preference or driving situation. G70 offers exceptional driving and riding comfort by optimizing power distribution for each driving mode.
A 2nd-generation rear-wheel 8-speed electronic automatic transmission with improved weight and efficiency renders a sophisticated response and smooth transmission. The Electronic shift-by-wire lever is light and compact, and a cushion-like finish on the top of the knob offers a luxurious grip.
These aren't your regular adjustable seats, enter your height and watch them conform to your body. If you like the level of performance it puts out, this small feature goes hand in hand with it. Ask anyone who has driven a true sports saloon and they'll tell you how vital proper seating is.
An 8-way power seat, 4-way power lumber support, 2-way power bolster, and 2-way electric cushion extension optimize seat adjustments to conform to the driver’s body and posture and maximize comfort. Seat positions are displayed on the AVN screen for more convenient operation.
Seat, steering wheel, outside mirror and head-up display positions are automatically adjusted by feeding the driver’s biometric information (height, seated height, and weight) into the system, which also analyzes the driver’s driving posture. Health-related information, such as lumbar load and strain under the present driving posture can also be checked at any moment.
Control & Stability
Contributing to the G70's host of performance is how it remains stable and controlled. HTRAC is at the forefront of this and what you will notice most as it continuously work to adjust to your driving conditions. A similar system has been offered in past and current Genesis models.
Genesis offers the highest degree of car body rigidity in its class by increasing the average strength of the body, expanding the use of structural adhesives, and strengthening joint structures. It reduced the weight of the hood, front bumper beam, engine room strut bar, and package tray center panel by using aluminum and maximized passenger safety with a body structure that effectively absorbs shocks in the event of a collision.
HTRAC ensures a stable drive while accelerating and turning, and even while driving on slippery roads. It balances braking power between the left and right wheels, as well as power between the front and rear wheels, depending on road and driving conditions. The rear differential housing (2WD and 4WD) is made of aluminum to reduce weight.
Like any sports saloon sold globally a suite of engine options to meet all demands is required, much like what you see from BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Depending where you're located, not all 3 engines will be offered. As we get closer to the release date information around this will become official.
2.2 diesel engine
- A compound purifying catalyst reduces exhaust fumes and nitrogen oxides. A high-efficiency turbocharger, variable oil pump (2-wheel drive), and reinforced noise absorption ensure stable power, outstanding fuel economy, and cabin silence.
2.0 turbo gasoline engine
- 202 PS/3,800 rpm (maximum output)
- 45.0 kg.m/1,750~2,750 rpm (maximum torque)
- A low-to-mid-speed twin-scroll turbocharger, electric CVVT, and continuously operating VCM generate high torque even at low speeds, balancing drivability and silence to maximize driving pleasure.
3.3 V6 turbo gasoline engine
- 252 PS/6,200 rpm (maximum output)
- 36.0 kg.m/1,400~4,000 rpm (maximum torque)
- A middle phase air intake CVVT system and twin-turbo with an integrated exhaust head and electronic thermostat render the dynamic driving sensation of a high-performance sports sedan.
- 370 52.0 PS/6,000 rpm (maximum output)
- 52.0 kg.m/1,300~4,500 rpm (maximum torque)
Active Safety is sweeping the automotive industry regardless of what type of vehicle you're buying. Here you will find tech similar to what's offered on other Genesis models. As Genesis and Hyundai continue to work on its self-driving vehicle programs, we should see more of that tech trickle down to models like this.
Highway driving assist (HDA)
- An automated system helps control the speed of the car and keep the vehicle in the lane while driving on the highway by using comprehensive information such as distance from the car ahead, lanes, and navigation-based speed limit, eliminating the need to step on the brakes or the accelerator during long distance travel or while driving through congestion.
Driver attention warning (DAW)
- A. Longitudinal (headway distance) control
- B. Lateral (lane keeping) control
- C. Highway-specific control
- A comprehensive system analyzes driving patterns of the driver and the vehicle’s position in the lane to operate a 5-stage warning system. It posts pop-up messages and sets off warning signals to encourage the driver to rest when it detects driver fatigue or inattentive driving.
Blind-spot collision warning (BCW)
- Two radars installed on the rear of the vehicle detect and warn the driver of fast-approaching vehicles in blind spots or the back of the car.
Lane keeping assist (LKA)
- A camera installed on the front of the vehicle monitors and alerts the driver of accidental lane departures before steering the vehicle back into the lane.
Smart cruise control with stop & go (SCC w/ S&G)
- Sensors automatically maintain a speed set by the driver while keeping a safe distance from cars in front. In the event of a full stop, the vehicle restarts automatically after 3 seconds once the car in front departs. In addition, the vehicle decelerates temporarily if cruising above the navigation-based speed limit in a highway warning zone.