Motortrend's Car of the Year - Genesis G70 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Motortrend's Car of the Year

Many never thought that Hyundai could deliver a proper rival to that of the segment leading Germans, but they have managed to prove doubters wrong. While Japanese brands have tried and failed to make a proper 3 series fighter, Genesis has succeeded in making a stunning, value packed sports sedan that's worth adding to anyone's consideration list. https://www.motortrend.com/news/gene...r-of-the-year/
Quote:
For now, however, let Genesis Motors bask in the glory of accomplishing the near impossible: It built a better 3 Series. I'll let Angus summarize: "It hits all the right notes: Punchy powertrains and an agile chassis that's a ton of fun, sporty exterior styling with strong graphics, and a well-appointed interior. Look out, BMW. It's the real deal."
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Seems like Genesis is really starting to hit their stride with the G70 and glad that they are finally getting the recognition they deserve. I think there will probably be quite a few who are waiting on long term reviews, but the running costs are bound to be far less than its main German rivals.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

I think the fact that's its beaten out contenders from Lexus, MB and Audi speaks volumes to what's been achieved. Genesis is also pushing through some big revisions to the G80 and G90, so hopefully they can get their sales numbers back on track moving forward.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:41 PM

success with current Genesis models and how they keep raising the bar overall give me hope into the next Gen Coupe being closer to an Infiniti Q60/Audi S5 type of model
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:25 AM

I'm still a bit confused as to what's doing on with allocations at dealerships and I know sales for the G80 have dropped off a lot over the past few months. Hopefully the high acclaim that the G70 has been getting from Motortend, C&D, Consumer Reports etc is enough to sway newcomers to the brand.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:43 AM

I haven't seen anyone convinced enough to go Genesis with the increasing amount of German options. Its been mostly those going after stealth wealth.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

I've already seen a number of dealers offering it below MSRP, so its really just a matter of getting people in for a test drive. Its a solid buy if you can source one for less than $40k.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 08:45 AM

I've seen a few listed under MSRP as well, and most of them are fairly low mileage. Not sure why there are so many used 2019's on the market already.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:36 PM

Pricing is great but it doesn't help that its only publications that suggest the G70 is outstanding.
On the other side of the coin, people who have owned an M3, IS-F, C43, and so on suggest the G70 is a flop!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:29 AM

Sure there will be naysayers who suggest its nothing more than a rebadged Hyundai, but how many of them have actually spent time behind the wheel? Korean brands have been making huge strides over the last few years and they have launched some of the most undervalued models on the market.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page