G70 > 330xi - Genesis G70 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By burgertime
  • 1 Post By St00k

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

G70 > 330xi

Traded a 2017 BMW 330 for my G70, which after trading, I realized that I hated it. The G70 is everything I want in a car, fun, fast and loaded with gadgets and toys -- opposite the BMW. It compares well with every car in the class that I have seen or driven, and then it is $10k+ cheaper than a comparable competitor. So glad that I found out that a dealer had started to sell them in town, or I might have made another big mistake, and bought something else.
marco.k likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 PM

It's not easy to switch away from a brand like BMW. Glad to see people are seeing the light.
Welcome to the forum!
marco.k likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgertime View Post
Traded a 2017 BMW 330 for my G70, which after trading, I realized that I hated it. The G70 is everything I want in a car, fun, fast and loaded with gadgets and toys -- opposite the BMW. It compares well with every car in the class that I have seen or driven, and then it is $10k+ cheaper than a comparable competitor. So glad that I found out that a dealer had started to sell them in town, or I might have made another big mistake, and bought something else.
That's the benefit of buying from an underdog that has a lot to prove. Sure makes you wonder why BMW and Lexus are sleeping on this. Mercedes and Audi smartened up to some extent. I'm considering the new A-Class Sedan and S3. They are smaller but the G70 would have been for me and my S/O. Have you look at any of those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00k View Post
It's not easy to switch away from a brand like BMW. Glad to see people are seeing the light.
Welcome to the forum!
x2

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

My experience with VW/Audi is that you need to go big or forget it. (I was really happy to see, when I changed the timing belt on a Jetta that the water pump was made of plastic, and the fins had dissolved, no wonder it didn't like to idle, not to mention the transmission that died at 65,000mi) IMHO, like the BMW 3 series, the Audi 3 is more about the name than being a great car (but they are beautiful to look at). And now that clean diesel is dead, they are stuck with a 4 cylinder engine, even in the new Cayman.

Yes, I am opinionated
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:28 PM

Problem with that is when you go big, it costs big and not always worth the trade off when brand new. Some CPO AMG's are on my list

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page