Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a rendering from Brenthon Designs that depicts what the 2018 Genesis G70 should be looking like..

I like it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not a bad look at all and it's quite realistic which is the most important part about this. Thankfully with how simple and impactful Hyundai's new design is, there's little toning down they'll be able to do, nothing that will take away from the things that really stand out.

One difference will be a different grille insert like the G80:

·
Registered
70 Posts
The thing I really like about it is the side profile and that front wrap around trim piece. The grill will definitely go to what the G80 has though just to keep things uniform and relevant. Fingers crossed !

·
Registered
77 Posts
The grills holes are too large, needs to be smaller so it looks more tightly knit and those bumper air intakes are too square. Needs a rounder look to them. Otherwise it looks great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The grills holes are too large, needs to be smaller so it looks more tightly knit and those bumper air intakes are too square. Needs a rounder look to them. Otherwise it looks great.
Would you rather something closer to a strut grill ? Those things are super tight knit

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh heavens no... I would rather my G70 not look like it was from DUB magazine... back in 2002. Perhaps something like this, a bit more spaced out than the strut grill but still quite close. Not the best example but the better one I could find without spending a decade looking through grills

·
Registered
378 Posts
All this grille talk has me thinking what Genesis might do to further make their products special. Mercedes has Maybach and BMW has Alpina. Genesis needs something and from that we should expect special grilles and other areo bits.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They definitely will need something. Hyundai has N... Maybe Genesis will get.. well M is out of the question.. so possibly another single letter though?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Surprised no one pulled up the New York concept and comparing the rendering to what we see in the concept, enough was pulled from it. Now if Hyundai can deliver a product as good as this or better, it will do a lot for them.

At that rate they could very well start catching up to Infiniti and even Lexus.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure if it looks anything like the concept, they'll surely catch up to the likes of Infiniti. Lexus on the other hand has come a long way and looking at their lineup, that's going to be some real tough competition.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That is the goal but of course as per usual there's a lot from the concept we won't get. At the same time Genesis is positioning themselves to compete with the luxury brands we have always known. Even if they can take on the Infiniti Q50 that will be a success in itself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Q50 is a great goal and being a step above that will position them very well. As long as they don't bring that Eau Rouge model out at least or Genesis will need to introduce that performance line.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Q50 is a great goal and being a step above that will position them very well. As long as they don't bring that Eau Rouge model out at least or Genesis will need to introduce that performance line.
Well its not just a matter of just bringing out a model that will cause problems its how each model plays it role best which dictates how it will do. we've seen this play out many times over and it will be no different here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
FastG
Genesis G70 Forum
Genesis G70 Forum is the best community to discuss horsepower, specs, build, interior and much more. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing