Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Genesis offers some of the best warranty terms in the industry, which in the G70's case further justifies owning one over its rivals, including the BMW 3-Series.

Out of everything offered in the comprehensive owner program, the 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty term is the biggest sell point and its just the beginning. Compared to German, British and Italian automakers competing in this segment, the extent of everything packaged in here is unheard of.

For 5 years or 60,000 miles (100,000 km for Canadians) you get standard bumper-to-bumper coverage, above a common industry standard peaking around 4 years or 50,000 miles, which ever comes first.

A range of complimentary services are available for 3 years or 36,000 miles covering safety, vehicle care and connective services.

With vehicle care comes an enhanced roadside assistance package, featuring flatbed towing to an authorized service facility, flat tire changes, retrieving locked keys and jump starting. Similar to other automakers is the factory recommended scheduled maintenance program with remote diagnostic checks, a service valet and courtesy replacement vehicle while your G70 is being worked on.

Safety is enhanced with the Genesis Connected Services package that has an SOS Emergency and Roadside Assistance system activated by a button on the review mirror. In the event of a collision, SOS related services will automatically engage thanks to the other package you get, Automatic Collision Notification and Assistance.

Genesis Connected Services also includes connective services to enhance convenience. After installing the Application on your Apple, Android or Blackberry device, a world of remote functionality opens up to you, remote start and lock/unlock being a couple key features. Intuitive navigation, a stolen vehicle recovery tool, vehicle servicing and navigation related notifications, a SiriusXM subscription and more make the G70 feel like an extension of other existing smart technology you own.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wonder if there is a distance limit to the valet service for maintenance/repairs if you don't have a Genesis dealer in your local area. I know coverage is something that they are working on but some buyers might be willing to travel out of state to secure their G70.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wonder if there is a distance limit to the valet service for maintenance/repairs if you don't have a Genesis dealer in your local area. I know coverage is something that they are working on but some buyers might be willing to travel out of state to secure their G70.
Dealers operate independently from what corporate announces. So in that case it should be a matter of finding out what accommodations certain dealers make for customers in those situations.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Since you don't have to return to the dealer where you bought the car for service, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one that's in a more reasonable location. The responsibility of supporting new customers will be crucial in growing the brand, so these kinds of circumstances will be a cost they will have to absorb.

·
Registered
399 Posts
can we use it for towing purpose? does it have a towing capability? i want to use for 24/7 towing service nyc, so can i?
To the nearest authorized service facility, yes. For anywhere else I highly doubt its included. Home might be the only other option.
For everything else you're better off subscribing to a program that gives you more freedom but what are the odds you'll need it? If we were talking about an out of warranty car, sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have not yet taken delivery but have in writing that they will provide flat bed valet service with a loaner and dealer is 100 miles away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually dealership has its own brand new flat bed truck with Genesis logo on sides. Also a full time dedicated driver. Because delivery has been delayed, car is on the boat so they say, they delivered on that flat bed a new Hyundai Sonata to use free of charge. Now trying to negotiate swapping out summer tires for the Michelin P A/S 3+ because I make frequent runs up north.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Actually dealership has its own brand new flat bed truck with Genesis logo on sides. Also a full time dedicated driver. Because delivery has been delayed, car is on the boat so they say, they delivered on that flat bed a new Hyundai Sonata to use free of charge. Now trying to negotiate swapping out summer tires for the Michelin P A/S 3+ because I make frequent runs up north.
You should and be happy you did on cold early mornings. Tires can make all the difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still waiting for dealer to reply. Also asked if I could change the order to Advanced 3.3 Prestige AWD which would have the AS tires. They have yet to have given me an ETA or Vin#. Just said there is a car on boat coming from Korea...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. Dealer just called and gave me a Vin and promise that car will be delivered next week. 3.3 Sport AWD himalayin grey with red/black interior. Local high end tire shop set up to make the tire swap. Going with Continentals DWS 06 in staggered configuration.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks. Dealer just called and gave me a Vin and promise that car will be delivered next week. 3.3 Sport AWD himalayin grey with red/black interior. Local high end tire shop set up to make the tire swap. Going with Continentals DWS 06 in staggered configuration.
Keep us posted on when it arrives along with the condition of it after a thorough inspection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vin identified and window sticker downloaded. Tires will be Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in place of previously selected Continentals. Actually got a better deal in swap out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice!
Pilot Sports have always served me well even in mild winter driving conditions.
Of course, knowing how to drive in those conditions are another thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your geographical location? Here outside of Myrtle Beach, SC so may be able to squeak through. Rarely get snow/ice here. Giving more thought to just running out the Pilot Sport 4 S tires and then make a swap when necessary. Giving up a $1200 set of tires is tough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery of a Genesis G70 last week. has anyone purchased the extended new vehicle manufacturers warranty that extends the 5 year bumper to bumper coverage to 10 years? I haven't been able to see anything about this online. Does anyone know what the going price is for that additional coverage?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just took delivery of a Genesis G70 last week. has anyone purchased the extended new vehicle manufacturers warranty that extends the 5 year bumper to bumper coverage to 10 years? I haven't been able to see anything about this online. Does anyone know what the going price is for that additional coverage?
Its pointless.
Years ago when the auto industry wasn't advancing so much, it would have made sense.
Today, not so much.
In 3-4 years time alone we might see big changes from Genesis that outpace current G70's.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Understanding how to handle those tires in challenging conditions might be a good idea.
Some good drivers are able to get by winter safely doing that alone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts