Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys!

i finally decided to post some videos to youtube -- this is a cold start on my g70. it is a loud SOB but it quiets down under normal driving. this thing is a complete psycho show when in sport mode and above 3000 RPMs lol. i also have a BMS burger cold air intake as well -- an absolute blast

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds great! Any videos of revving it up a bit?

It actual does quiet down nicely at the end of the video. I think that initial sound would be a bit too much for daily driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great! Any videos of revving it up a bit?

It actual does quiet down nicely at the end of the video. I think that initial sound would be a bit too much for daily driving.
Yeah man I took a few rev videos but the quality wasn’t great. I can try again later or tomorrow. The drone while driving normally is there but it isn’t overbearing at all thank god. If it was loud like the cold start 24/7, I’d have returned Them already lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man!

at this point, with the intakes, downpipes and muffler delete, I am probably done. It’s a lease car so I don’t want to get too crazy lol. I am constantly on the fence about ordering the JB4 chip or the Race Chip GTS but I am not sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn that is one mean sounding G70! Are you planning on doing any other mods on it?
Thanks man!

at this point, with the intakes, downpipes and muffler delete, I am probably done. It’s a lease car so I don’t want to get too crazy lol. I am constantly on the fence about ordering the JB4 chip or the Race Chip GTS but I am not sure.

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
Thanks man!

I have the Race Chip GTS with optional app control (well worth the $50 extra) The difference is amazing. Highly recommend it. I did change my spark plugs to a colder M45iL HKS recommended but not required to run the tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Race Chip GTS with optional app control (well worth the $50 extra) The difference is amazing. Highly recommend it. I did change my spark plugs to a colder M45iL HKS recommended but not required to run the tune.
wow really? i have not heard much about the GTS -- the market seems to be flooded with JB4 stuff -- i truthfully prefer the GTS based on easier install; i dont have time to feed wires through the firewall lol i just want to plug and play and hope for a tad extra power ( the additional power from my intakes and downpipes should help accentuate the GTS i would think)

as for the spark plugs, i suppose spending $60-70 on plugs is worth offsetting the headache god forbid the stock plugs blow with the extra boost

have you run any timed 0-60 runs or dyno tests to back up the feelings of extra power?

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
wow really? i have not heard much about the GTS -- the market seems to be flooded with JB4 stuff -- i truthfully prefer the GTS based on easier install; i dont have time to feed wires through the firewall lol i just want to plug and play and hope for a tad extra power ( the additional power from my intakes and downpipes should help accentuate the GTS i would think)

as for the spark plugs, i suppose spending $60-70 on plugs is worth offsetting the headache god forbid the stock plugs blow with the extra boost

have you run any timed 0-60 runs or dyno tests to back up the feelings of extra power?
I don't have access to a dyno unfortunately but I can tell you the torque increase is undeniably good. The stats they put out says 131 ft lbs of torque and 57hp. I love that it comes adjustable and has 3 pre-programed modes- eco sport and race. I generally leave it on race. The difference will put a smile on your face. I also have agency racing intakes to help it all breath better. I am still trying to bite the bullet on down pipes and an exhaust as I am leaning towards something adjustable but they're very pricy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have access to a dyno unfortunately but I can tell you the torque increase is undeniably good. The stats they put out says 131 ft lbs of torque and 57hp. I love that it comes adjustable and has 3 pre-programed modes- eco sport and race. I generally leave it on race. The difference will put a smile on your face. I also have agency racing intakes to help it all breath better. I am still trying to bite the bullet on down pipes and an exhaust as I am leaning towards something adjustable but they're very pricy.
yeah the downpipes for me didnt add enough for the price -- the sound increase was minimal and i definitely cant tell of any power differences -- the muffler delete however .. lol well worth the money. it sounds awesome coupled with the cold air intakes -- a joy to listen to; just wanting a tiny bit more power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you have any issues at install with check engine lights or jerking or knocking etc?

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
did you have any issues at install with check engine lights or jerking or knocking etc?
No the only issues I had with a check engine happened when I first put the intakes on I kept getting a code because of the filters having too much oil from the start but it cleared up. I bought a cheap pocket obd II scanner on amazon that quickly cleared the codes and resolve.

·
Registered
500 Posts
yeah the downpipes for me didnt add enough for the price -- the sound increase was minimal and i definitely cant tell of any power differences -- the muffler delete however .. lol well worth the money. it sounds awesome coupled with the cold air intakes -- a joy to listen to; just wanting a tiny bit more power.
Any exhaust makers you'd like to see get involved with making the G70 sound truly spectacular?
I was looking at getting an IS-F or RC-F some time ago and was amazed at how this full-exhaust system (headers too!) from Novel sounds. Can't find anything similar for Genesis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any exhaust makers you'd like to see get involved with making the G70 sound truly spectacular?
I was looking at getting an IS-F or RC-F some time ago and was amazed at how this full-exhaust system (headers too!) from Novel sounds. Can't find anything similar for Genesis.

That IS-F actually sounds pretty good. However it’s in a garage so the sound bounces off the walls and may actually be louder in this video just for that alone. I really love the sound the g70 makes with the downpipes and muffler delete. The full Borla exhaust really didn’t do it for me and it’s more than double the price.

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
That IS-F actually sounds pretty good. However it’s in a garage so the sound bounces off the walls and may actually be louder in this video just for that alone. I really love the sound the g70 makes with the downpipes and muffler delete. The full Borla exhaust really didn’t do it for me and it’s more than double the price.
Have you seen this madness??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you seen this madness??
That is ridiculous lol. Cool car though. Love the old mercs. I bought the GTS black by the way. I think I feel a difference from stock for sure. But I am having a little trouble really distinguish tune 5,6 and 7. I have 93 octane in New York and I try to use shell
Whenever possible but always 93 regardless. Any suggestions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts