Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been previously asked, but does anyone know why the remote start features via the app allow your heat or AC, and, your heated steering wheel to be activated, but not the heated seats?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome to the forum @peteyc12.

I hope this video helps.

Genesis G70, G80 and G90 | Personalized Remote Start | Genesis
Your Genesis G70, G80 or G90 offers a smartphone-accessible Intelligent Assistant through Genesis Connected Services. This video explains how to use the Intelligent Assistant to start your vehicle and set the cabin temperature ahead of time so it’s ready for departure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s a 2021. My version of the app doesn’t allow control of the heated seats as is shown in their demo video. Heat, AC, defrosters, are all active remotely, but on my app the seats are grayed out.
It's inexplicable. My 7 year old Grand Caravan has a better remote start that includes the heated seats. What's more, if you failed to lock the doors first, it will go ahead and do that, too. But my '21 G70 does not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum @peteyc12.

I hope this video helps.

Genesis G70, G80 and G90 | Personalized Remote Start | Genesis
Your Genesis G70, G80 or G90 offers a smartphone-accessible Intelligent Assistant through Genesis Connected Services. This video explains how to use the Intelligent Assistant to start your vehicle and set the cabin temperature ahead of time so it’s ready for departure.
My version of the app does not let me select the heated seats as is shown in the video. 🙁

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I even deleted the app and reinstalled it thinking there was a new version. Nope...the new version still has no capability for turning on the heated seats, even though their video shows it. In all fairness, maybe the G80 and G90 have different capabilities than my G70.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I know this is a G70 forum, but I have a question about the remote starts. I have a 2020 G80 sport and in my remote start settings I have it checked off for the heated steering wheel and rear window/side mirror defrost to turn on, but ever since I bought the car it's never turned them on. Everything else in the remote start works fine, just no rear defrost or heated steering wheel. Not sure if that's a Genesis Connect issue, or a call and have the dealer fix it issue. I've tried calling Genesis Connect, but they are about a useful as you can imagine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts