Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought a RWD car with this much torque, and with so many options to add more, I knew I was going to have issues with traction. Starting to think about new rubber. Any thoughts on running better tires (Sport Cup 2s? Super Sports?) on the launch edition wheels vs. replacing the wheels and putting some 275s on the rear. If I go with new wheels, I think they would be 19x8.5 in the front, 235/40 19 and 19/9.5 in the rear with 275/35 19 running Pilot 4s. I have had good luck in the past with Michelin, but if there are other suggestions, I would take them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know where you live, in the snowball or not, but I have high end snow tires I no longer need. They were amazing. They were stored between seasons at Discount tire, and they lost them. So they gave me new ones and as it was Covid time, they only have 1000 miles on them. And for sale. 225 40 19 front 255 35 19rear Bridgestone Blizzack model L32

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh, I live in the snowball, all right. My experience with the stock Conti DWS all season tires is that they are adequate on the snow. I'll put those on for the winter. Maybe someone will take you up on those tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for responding. I meant snow belt but spell check kept changing it. Those tires stopped so well, it felt like pavement in the snow. Enjoy the car. I loved mine. I decided I wanted an SUV this time, my first, and the GV70's and GV80's were so rare, and they were priced so high, I left Genesis and got my first Porsche, a Macan S. Essentially same money. And I still see the rare GV70 or GV 80 on the road and look at it! Enjoy the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.