Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a little over 16K on the clock, it was discovered by the local Discount Tire of TX, Midlothian,TX store when I had the OE tires replaced with Pirelli EMT's. The factory wheels had been mounted at the port incorrectly. Rears were on the front and vice-a-versa. Sadly, the dealership never caught it either when the car was in for the free oil change & side to side wheel rotations. Said person is not an SAE certified tech. With only .25 in difference from the centerline of the wheel cross section I can see how this can happen quite easily. The POE installers are not highly paid to start with and paid by piece rate no less. Duh ! Also, get the factory alignment checked. It is covered. With the aforementioned resolved, the car is like a whole different experience. Fantastic wet/dry handling. Quieter cabin experience. Best, it no longer tries to track on those awful so called anti-skid rain grooves the highway dept likes to use. Port QC needs to step up its game IMHO.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's ridiculous Mikey! Sorry to hear that happened. Thank goodness the people at Discount Tire were able to catch that for you. How was it handling before the tires were properly mounted?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like sh*t ! Very squirrely. I could brake the rear loose with almost no effort at all ....... I'd like to smack the fool installer at the POE. I'm sure that by now, he's moved on. My youngest worked p/t at one here in TX after school and during summers. Heard some real horror install stories from him. He was a ramp rat. Drove the cars from make ready to the truck transport holding area or the staging area used for rail transport. Not what I'd expect from Genesis. But then again, the cars come through the same facility as both Hyundai and Kia. Gag ! ☹

·
Registered
263 Posts
Like sh*t ! Very squirrely. I could brake the rear loose with almost no effort at all ....... I'd like to smack the fool installer at the POE. I'm sure that by now, he's moved on. My youngest worked p/t at one here in TX after school and during summers. Heard some real horror install stories from him. He was a ramp rat. Drove the cars from make ready to the truck transport holding area or the staging area used for rail transport. Not what I'd expect from Genesis. But then again, the cars come through the same facility as both Hyundai and Kia. Gag ! ☹
Yeah I'm not sure what Genesis can do to improve that part of the transport process.But that's really messed up. I can only imagine what other things have happened there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts