Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is surprising considering how new the brand it, having just spun off from the Hyundai in 2016. Jalopnik says Consumer Reports, named Genesis the top brand in the U.S., ahead of Audi, BMW, and everyone else. You'd think the old German brands would hold on to the pedestal.

The top 10 brands placed in this order: Genesis, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Porsche, Kia, Subaru, Tesla, Honda, and Toyota. Domestic brands needs to work harder because the only American brand on that list was Tesla.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is pretty surprising and a great achievement for Genesis. I can’t believe that Honda and Toyota are so low on that list, considering the success of the Type R and CH-R. I believe the G90 and G80 were also awarded IIHS Top Safety Pick for 2018.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sales speak for them as well. I don't even have to look at numbers to tell you that, just what I see on the road and so far there has been a lot of G80's.

It just goes to show, when you bring a good product to market, not too many care about the brand or name. It all comes down to value.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven't seen any G80's on the road as of yet, I don't know how well they are selling up here in Canada. Regardless its great to see Genesis getting some recognition and hopefully this will help to solidify them as a true premium brand.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I haven't seen any G80's on the road as of yet, I don't know how well they are selling up here in Canada. Regardless its great to see Genesis getting some recognition and hopefully this will help to solidify them as a true premium brand.
I guess around you there's little of the Genesis G80 demographic. What luxury sedans do you normally see where you live? G80's are very attainable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think people around here are sticking with the traditional offerings from Mercedes and BMW. I think Hyundai still has a little ways to go to cement themselves as a true luxury offering. It looks like Kia wants to get more into the premium segment as well, with the unveiling of the new K900.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Genesis Initial Quality

I had a lot of hope for Genesis, but after one year (21K miles) of 2017 G80 AWD Ultimate ownership with 20+ service days (total from 4-5 different visits) on warranty related repairs, no response or outreach from Genesis after customer surveys, I am ready to go back to BMW. My last four BMWs combined had less warranty related visits than this single vehicle.
Early on I was very enthusiastic and praised my G80 for the J D Powers study, but things went south for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts