Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the awards the Genesis lineup has been getting, including the G70, do you think they will ever get the same level of respect as brands like BMW, Audi, and Mercedes? It's frustrating sometimes to see Genesis get overlooked just because they haven't been in business as long as the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very true. When somebody would ask about my new G70, and I told them it’s a Genesis, I would usually get a blank stare. Now, i’ve started saying, ‘it’s a Genesis - Hyundai and Kia’s luxury brand’.
The brand recognition will come, it’s just going to take some time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very true. When somebody would ask about my new G70, and I told them it’s a Genesis, I would usually get a blank stare. Now, i’ve started saying, ‘it’s a Genesis - Hyundai and Kia’s luxury brand’.
The brand recognition will come, it’s just going to take some time.
If they continue to rack up the awards at this rate, Genesis will force people to take notice in them. Like Drwilsc I've gotten into conversations with people about cars and I've gotten the blank stares too if I mention anything about Genesis.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It will take a lot of time, like it did for Japanese brands. Fast forward 15-25 years and some people place Lexus as high as BMW. Genesis is on track but remember, they're just starting...

·
Registered
16 Posts
It will take a lot of time, like it did for Japanese brands. Fast forward 15-25 years and some people place Lexus as high as BMW. Genesis is on track but remember, they're just starting...
The clock can move faster depending on the wave of Genesis products we're expect to see, both ICE and Electric vehicles.

Genesis has a very strong fighting chance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clock can move faster depending on the wave of Genesis products we're expect to see, both ICE and Electric vehicles.

Genesis has a very strong fighting chance.
Yeah Genesis can definitely ride the wave for both kinds of vehicles. Hyundai has been really on the ball recently with the vehicles they're releasing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They have put together a dream team of executives to handle every part of the car. I think they will excel and blow everyone away.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have put together a dream team of executives to handle every part of the car. I think they will excel and blow everyone away.
That's very true, their executives are pretty stacked, especially now that they hired Filippo Perini.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The first thing that has to happen is brand separation. By this I mean totally divorced from Hyundai/Kia dealerships. Separate building and staff. Sales, service, parts. Prime example is the Hyundai/Genesis dealer in Irving, TX Both are located in what was once the dealers Oldsmobile building.
And, sadly it shows. Only one Genesis on the floor, off in a corner no less. The rest of the cars are outside. Uncovered and exposed to the elements.
Parts and service are lumped together in the same building with Hyundai. Excuse me but this just doesn't cut it IMHO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The first thing that has to happen is brand separation. By this I mean totally divorced from Hyundai/Kia dealerships. Separate building and staff. Sales, service, parts. Prime example is the Hyundai/Genesis dealer in Irving, TX Both are located in what was once the dealers Oldsmobile building. View attachment 444 And, sadly it shows. Only one Genesis on the floor, off in a corner no less. The rest of the cars are outside. Uncovered and exposed to the elements. View attachment 446 Parts and service are lumped together in the same building with Hyundai. Excuse me but this just doesn't cut it IMHO.
It would've been a great idea to have completely separate dealerships for Genesis but at this point I don't know if they would justify spending the money for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My understanding from my servicing dealer is that the mother ship has issued an ultimatum to the dealers. Fish or cut bait !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Genesis is a great brand. At the moment, it's one of the best out there. The thing is Genesis needs to go right after AMG, BMW-M, Audi-S, Porsche, Lexus-F, NISMO and Acura's Type-S all at the same time. Kia's GT line, Hyundai's N brand and Genesis R-Spec are great lines to introduce vehicles that can, and will, directly challenge the European and Japanese performance vehicles, all at lower price points. One thing the the Hyundai corp needs to remain is affordable. That is their claim to fame, they are affordable. Turbo-4 cylinders with cross plane crankshafts, Twin Turbo V6 engines with DCT and 10-speed automatic powertrains and Twin turbo Hybrid V6 powrtrains need to fill up the performance roster. Performance is what gets a car company respect. Bring out some trucks, some real trucks. Twin turbo V6, 4x4 or all wheel drive, rear wheel based, 5ft and 6ft bed options, off road capable and good looking. Something to perform around the size of the Ranger, the Tacoma and the Xterra but with more power. It should be the Barabus Mercedes X-Class pickup that America never got. Turn up the heat on the G70 with an 475hp 3.5L twin Turbo hybrid R-Spec model in both sedan and coupe form that can go toe to toe with the Audi RS5, the C63 and BMW M3, Give the G80 R-Spec a proper R-Spec model with 500hp and it loose on the AMG E53, the M550i X-drive and the Lexus GS-F, bring out a GT90 R-Spec coupe to rival cars like the BMW M850i coupe, and the S560 coupe and a G90 R-Spec sedan to rival the S8 Audi, the BMW 750 and the Mercedes S560, Bring out a sharp and aggressive Azera N to do battle with the new Acura TLX Type S, with a 425hp 3.0L Twin Turbo V6 and all-wheel drive. bring out a RWD based AWD 3.0L 425hp Tiburon GT coupe to replace what the Genesis coupe was to compete with cars like the Lexus RCF, Infiniti Q60 400 Red Sport and the Mustang. Turn the Veloster into a car that can do battle with the Civic Type R, the AMG A45S, the BMW M235i gran coupe and upcoming STI. Let the Kia K900 have more power to batle the Lexus LS series with a twin turbo Hybrid of its own, Give the Stinger a 500hp twin turbo powertrain with a DCT behind it aggressive styling inspired by the new Optima and set it loose on American muscle cars, put the Telluride and the Palisade on RWD chassis and give them 400hp, As far as the trucks from Genesis, Kia and Hyundai, they should compete with the Ranger, the Xterra, the GMC Sierra Denali, the Toyota Hilux and the Honda Ridgeline. Now, when I say compete with the ridgeline, I mean as far as storage. It should have a assisted multifunction tailgate, a trunk in the bed larger than the Honda trunk, a 5ft and 6ft bed option and it should have storage compartments in the sides of the bed of the trunk. The biggest thing is that none of these vehicles should cost over $75,000 fully loaded and even with that price, no corners should be cut! Even if they go after porsche evenutally or whatever, the vehicles I mentioned above should be the vehicles that Hyundai/Genesis/Kia should be focused on. Once that happens, yes the brand will get the respect it deserves

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Genesis is a great brand. At the moment, it's one of the best out there. The thing is Genesis needs to go right after AMG, BMW-M, Audi-S, Porsche, Lexus-F, NISMO and Acura's Type-S all at the same time. Kia's GT line, Hyundai's N brand and Genesis R-Spec are great lines to introduce vehicles that can, and will, directly challenge the European and Japanese performance vehicles, all at lower price points. One thing the the Hyundai corp needs to remain is affordable. That is their claim to fame, they are affordable. Turbo-4 cylinders with cross plane crankshafts, Twin Turbo V6 engines with DCT and 10-speed automatic powertrains and Twin turbo Hybrid V6 powrtrains need to fill up the performance roster. Performance is what gets a car company respect. Bring out some trucks, some real trucks. Twin turbo V6, 4x4 or all wheel drive, rear wheel based, 5ft and 6ft bed options, off road capable and good looking. Something to perform around the size of the Ranger, the Tacoma and the Xterra but with more power. It should be the Barabus Mercedes X-Class pickup that America never got. Turn up the heat on the G70 with an 475hp 3.5L twin Turbo hybrid R-Spec model in both sedan and coupe form that can go toe to toe with the Audi RS5, the C63 and BMW M3, Give the G80 R-Spec a proper R-Spec model with 500hp and it loose on the AMG E53, the M550i X-drive and the Lexus GS-F, bring out a GT90 R-Spec coupe to rival cars like the BMW M850i coupe, and the S560 coupe and a G90 R-Spec sedan to rival the S8 Audi, the BMW 750 and the Mercedes S560, Bring out a sharp and aggressive Azera N to do battle with the new Acura TLX Type S, with a 425hp 3.0L Twin Turbo V6 and all-wheel drive. bring out a RWD based AWD 3.0L 425hp Tiburon GT coupe to replace what the Genesis coupe was to compete with cars like the Lexus RCF, Infiniti Q60 400 Red Sport and the Mustang. Turn the Veloster into a car that can do battle with the Civic Type R, the AMG A45S, the BMW M235i gran coupe and upcoming STI. Let the Kia K900 have more power to batle the Lexus LS series with a twin turbo Hybrid of its own, Give the Stinger a 500hp twin turbo powertrain with a DCT behind it aggressive styling inspired by the new Optima and set it loose on American muscle cars, put the Telluride and the Palisade on RWD chassis and give them 400hp, As far as the trucks from Genesis, Kia and Hyundai, they should compete with the Ranger, the Xterra, the GMC Sierra Denali, the Toyota Hilux and the Honda Ridgeline. Now, when I say compete with the ridgeline, I mean as far as storage. It should have a assisted multifunction tailgate, a trunk in the bed larger than the Honda trunk, a 5ft and 6ft bed option and it should have storage compartments in the sides of the bed of the trunk. The biggest thing is that none of these vehicles should cost over $75,000 fully loaded and even with that price, no corners should be cut! Even if they go after porsche evenutally or whatever, the vehicles I mentioned above should be the vehicles that Hyundai/Genesis/Kia should be focused on. Once that happens, yes the brand will get the respect it deserves
I'm not sure about the pickup trucks, but I'm all for more performance sedans and SUVs for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts