Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys -- i have some interesting news -- as most of you know, the 3.3T engine out of the box is 365HP and 376LB/FT of torque --- well, today i did some dyno pulls and here are my findings lol:

Pull 1 - Stock + BMS Cold Air Intakes, Ark Catless Downpipes & Hoff Muffler Delete = 329WHP / 392LB/FT
Pull 2 - Everything in Pull 1 + RaceChip GTS Black Map 5 = 373WHP / 454LB/FT
Pull 3 - Everything in Pull 1 + RaceChip GTS Black Map 6 = 387WHP / 473LB/FT
Pull 4 - Everything in Pull 1 + RaceChip GTS Black Map 7 = 389WHP / 491LB/FT

I use 93 Octane fuel here in New York

I have to say im fairly impressed with the torque numbers -- i definitely felt speed on the butt dyno lol but wanted some numbers to back it up; i am planning to upgrade the spark plugs at some point pretty soon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Definitely some significant jumps over stock and the numbers before the racechip weren’t bad either.

What made you go with the RaceChip GTS over the others like the JB4? Also, what is the difference between the maps you mentioned and maps 1-4?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I chose the race chip simply Becuase it was a bit easier to deal with. I leased my car and I just didn’t want to deal with the install of the JB4 with the obdii port, uninstalling if I had to bring in for service etc etc. I dont race either lol. I just wanted a bit more power and so far the race chip has delivered. Maps 1-4 I believe are there for lower power output and lower gas octane. The company says to go through those modes if you aren’t happy with 5-7. I felt what I wanted in 5-7, so I kept it there. 5 is for 91 gas and 6-7 are 93 gas which I have in NY

·
Registered
8 Posts
You definitely bring up some good points about modifications...I’ll have to look into RaceChip as well. How’s the sound on your exhaust system? The Ark exhaust has been one I’ve kept my eye on that isn’t a bimodal exhaust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You definitely bring up some good points about modifications...I’ll have to look into RaceChip as well. How’s the sound on your exhaust system? The Ark exhaust has been one I’ve kept my eye on that isn’t a bimodal exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts