Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have a 2019 G70 2.0T at around 24,000 miles and twice today I went to car on and it said it was on but the engine wasn’t running... I have no idea why but happened multiple times today. Any reason on why it could be???

·
Registered
526 Posts
So have a 2019 G70 2.0T at around 24,000 miles and twice today I went to car on and it said it was on but the engine wasn’t running... I have no idea why but happened multiple times today. Any reason on why it could be???
I believe it could be the starter. Have you reached out to your Genesis dealer about it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe it could be the starter. Have you reached out to your Genesis dealer about it?
I’m having the same issue with 3.3liter. I noticed the brake pedal won’t go down all the way. Once it does, after a few tries, the car will start. The oil, battery and money lights are on when it doesn’t turn over but says it’s on. Will have the battery checked this afternoon if it starts. Any news on what resolved the issue? Starter?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
L
I’m having the same issue with 3.3liter. I noticed the brake pedal won’t go down all the way. Once it does, after a few tries, the car will start. The oil, battery and money lights are on when it doesn’t turn over but says it’s on. Will have the battery checked this afternoon if it starts. Any news on what resolved the issue? Starter?
Literally the same thing with mine. I took it in yesterday and they couldn’t figure it out, so I picked It up and they needed to jump the car batty in order to turn on before I got to take home (never needed to jump it while having the car in my possession). So I’m going rn to take it back in and to get a rental till they figure it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
L
Literally the same thing with mine. I took it in yesterday and they couldn’t figure it out, so I picked It up and they needed to jump the car batty in order to turn on before I got to take home (never needed to jump it while having the car in my possession). So I’m going rn to take it back in and to get a rental till they figure it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
L

Thanks for the information, it’s good to know it’s not me! Keep us posted as to what they find! I’m wondering whether it’s the alternator or something draining the battery. Could be the starter too. Can’t wait to hear what they find!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondered what the shop figured out? Mine started acting up again with colder weather and I have an appointment Tuesday to leave it overnight with the dealers shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts