1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great news but safety is at the bottom of my list. Cars these days have to meet a certain standard just to stay competitive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Should be a good bargaining chip when trying to convince your significant other this is the right choice for a new family hauler. Just one more way they can appeal to BMW/MB owners.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is similar kit for less money than what you would find from a German model. We've seen a big jump in the amount of standard safety systems and drivers aids across the industry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know how much cross shopping that's going to happen between the G70 and BMW. I think its more likely that current Hyundai drivers will be considering it as a step up to something more luxurious. Fully spec'd it is more bang for your buck.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The only people who go back to Genesis or any entry-level luxury brand are people who can no longer afford a German luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or people who are sick of spending so much money maintaining their car. Even relatively simple repairs on BMW's are exacerbated by the costs of parts and labor.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sometimes a good dealer can make issues seem like nothing with service to back it up so in that regard I would make sure I have somewhere to go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think there are a good number of people considering the G70 simply because its different from the sea of German saloons on the road. There is nothing really to worry about in regards to mechanics, because you're getting one of the best warranty packages in the industry. All maintenance is free.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great news but safety is at the bottom of my list. Cars these days have to meet a certain standard just to stay competitive.
Yep

IMO, it will only matter to me as different levels of self driving technology comes our and you're able to compare them. However, even that its an extra.
Far more fundamental things are at play when buying a car, safety is now more complementary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts