Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Genesis G90 has been delivered to a man by the name of Russ Johnson, a loyal Hyundai enthusiast that also owns an Equus and Genesis. The engine choice wasn't released nor any options but nonetheless, this is the first delivery.

They even had a special car ceremony held at the Round Rock Genesis in Texas.

Quotes from Mr.Johnson :

“As a loyal Hyundai enthusiast and proud owner of the Equus and Genesis, my ownership experience is a true testament to the quality of their premium vehicles,”

“While I could choose just about any car in the luxury sedan space, the experience and convenience of the Genesis service caters to my lifestyle as an entrepreneur and business owner. I have been eagerly awaiting the launch of the Genesis luxury brand, and I am honored to be the first G90 owner.”

Do you think the first G90 should've been delivered to a customer, or should it have been auctioned off like a few other manufacturers have done before ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
If Genesis wanted to donate the auction money to a charity for publicity then they would have done so, by selling the car to a customer first, they're putting them over making the auction news.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's is something to think about ^^

Also just based on personal experience, the only cars I've seen getting auctioned off and proceeds go to charities have been higher end cars. Cars ranging the over $120k mark ?

What I want to know is what makes him a "loyal Hyundai enthusiast" ? And why does he get one first ? Is it because he owns 2 Hyundais ? I'm sure there's people that have owned more Hyundais out there that wanted the G90 as well?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looking up other credible sources on this, they noted Russ is the first "retail customer", which should have been included here so for all we know this may not be the first G90, will need to get more confirmation on that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh okay that changes quite a bit then. There could have been a number more gone prior to him receiving his. I mean it really doesn't matter, it's just to satisfy my curiosity lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
That's if it even made sense for them to do that, what we'll have to see is the vin or know what production number this one is. If it's number one then that's a no brainier. If not then of course they have models stored elsewhere for whatever reason, I just can't think of why they would want to hold on to production models.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think with these, I doubt he'll have production number one. I heard they destroy quite a few of the initial production models for testing and what not.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I never knew that to be the case, instead to my knowledge it has always been preproduction models that this happens to. Doesn't make sense to have to be tied to using production models for crash tests. Before production versions are built there are a number of preproduction models circling around.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not too sure, I mean it's not something I have down in cement in my head lol, It's just what I've heard.

Nonetheless, if it is indeed numero uno, I would want some sort of stamp in there or something other than the vin lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts