Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at an article from way back as I was searching for some new spy shots or whatever, and seen this article that I remember reading to an extent lol. Now the article was titled "The Genesis G70, BMW 3 Series fighter..."

Now if the G70 is going to combat the 3-series, we also have to start looking at the Giulia correct? As that seems to be a strong one in this segment.

Who else should be on the radar?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Infiniti Q50 Red Sport

I would say the Lexus IS but it still doesn't seem to be high performing enough or sporty enough to compete. But there might still be someone out there comparing an IS350 F-Sport to the G70, a fair enough comparison.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possibly the C43 I would guess? Ball park performance figures around the Q50 Red Sport, an extra $10k though because you're paying for that amg tag.

·
Registered
396 Posts
depends on how potent the G70 is since for all we know the C43 might be out of its league, despite the changes over at genesis its still too early to say if they want to aim that high. but looking at lower hanging fruit like a Lexus IS F-Sport or Q50 is much more like it to me. but i'm open to hearing otherwise.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For sure, aiming for the C43 is shooting a bit high but it's just within my hopes of what we could see. Right now my main concern is seeing a production body so I can see if I'll even like it lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Won't the G70 compete more with the BMW 340i than the 3 series? The G80 seems to have the unofficial reputation as a BMW 3-Series rival.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts