Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What changes should Genesis make to future G70 year models?

A BIG revision is already in the works according to this development vehicle:
2021 genesis g70

That along with a new take on design as seen in the latest G80 and G90 inspired this rendering of what a facelifted (2021?) G70 could look like...
genesis g70 facelift

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't mind Genesis putting the new front lights on the G70 as long as they make sure it keeps its sporty look.

The base engine change was also a big move that I'm sure would've been on this list. But I wonder if they're going to make any changes for the 3.3T.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't mind Genesis putting the new front lights on the G70 as long as they make sure it keeps its sporty look.

The base engine change was also a big move that I'm sure would've been on this list. But I wonder if they're going to make any changes for the 3.3T.
I really hope they move from what I consider a very standard look to something sporty. As it is, it really doesn't look at all like the beast it really is...just like any other mid-luxury sedan on the road. That is why I am leaning towards the Stinger. Now, THAT is sporty

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really hope they move from what I consider a very standard look to something sporty. As it is, it really doesn't look at all like the beast it really is...just like any other mid-luxury sedan on the road. That is why I am leaning towards the Stinger. Now, THAT is sporty
I agree, I really hope Genesis stops being conservative and gives the G70 a proper sporty look. Hopefully they go even sportier than the Stinger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, I really hope Genesis stops being conservative and gives the G70 a proper sporty look. Hopefully they go even sportier than the Stinger.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. If they had a sporty look like the stinger at the body length of a g70 it would be my dream car, the stinger is just too long for me

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one. If they had a sporty look like the stinger at the body length of a g70 it would be my dream car, the stinger is just too long for me
I like the Stinger's front end a lot, but I'm not a fan of the back end. I feel like there wasn't as much time involved in designing it as they did in the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the Stinger's front end a lot, but I'm not a fan of the back end. I feel like there wasn't as much time involved in designing it as they did in the front.
Yes... the tail lights and upper rear end could have been more aggressive. I love the quad exhaust, though - wish the G70 had it. If I end up with the stinger, I will add a bit of a lip / small rear spoiler that matches. Over at Stinger Forum, there are some really nice (not overdone) rear body mods.

Also, wish the Stinger was at least a foot shorter (length of the G70)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some more renderings have come out of what a revised G70 design could look like. Its not much different from the first one I posted.

2021 Genesis G70 Front

2021 Genesis G70 Rear

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TBH, I don't expect much, just the typical year-to-year updates that automakers do. Plus, i'm already happy with the G70's design...

Its timeless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
TBH, I don't expect much, just the typical year-to-year updates that automakers do. Plus, i'm already happy with the G70's design...

Its timeless.
Don't get me wrong... I don't think it is bad - that is probably why it looks like most luxury sedans out there... But that is exactly why I am shying away from it. I think it deserves to stand out; in looks and in sound (the exhaust note does not reflect the beast of an engine).

·
Registered
2 Posts
What would be nice would be if Genesis came out with a G70 R-Spec sedan. While I'm not saying that it has to match numbers with the M3/M4, something in the vicinity of 450hp would be nice from a high output version of the twin turbo V6, even if power comes from a Hybrid version of the new DCT powertrain. AWD, Brembo brakes, performance suspension, more aggressive bodywork, a rear spoiler, black grille, alcantara steering wheel, 3D instrument cluster, high performance stereo and a performance interior. Give the car a high performance exhaust system with a deep sound to it with quad tips, a black exterior package with black grille, black housing lights, black exhaust tips and black 20" Staggered wheels. Give it slightly wider bodywork around the front and rear wheels to accommodate for wider wheels and tires (275/35R20 front 295/30R20 rear ultra high performance all season) and a vented, power dome hood. Cap it off fully optioned at about $55K and call it a day. That's what I'd like to see in the Genesis G70

1 - 12 of 12 Posts