Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been trying to find an OEM tow hook cover cap for the rear bumper of my 2020 G70 3.3T. I believe it was either stolen or came loose and fell off the car while it was in motion. I've googled to see if I can find it, but I have not been able to find anything.

Does anyone know where or who I can contact to get another tow hook cap? It looks hideous with that big hole in my rear bumper.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi all,

I've been trying to find an OEM tow hook cover cap for the rear bumper of my 2020 G70 3.3T. I believe it was either stolen or came loose and fell off the car while it was in motion. I've googled to see if I can find it, but I have not been able to find anything.

Does anyone know where or who I can contact to get another tow hook cap? It looks hideous with that big hole in my rear bumper.

Thanks in advance!
I've been doing some digging but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I think the best bet is to reach out to dealer and see what they can do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been doing some digging but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I think the best bet is to reach out to dealer and see what they can do.
thanks Robert for doing some digging for me. I appreciate that! I contacted Genesis customer service and they recommended I do the same. I’ll have to contact a dealership !

·
Registered
531 Posts
thanks Robert for doing some digging for me. I appreciate that! I contacted Genesis customer service and they recommended I do the same. I’ll have to contact a dealership !
Any luck with sourcing a OEM tow hook cover cap through a Genesis dealer? I believe Hyundai dealers have the ability to order Genesis parts for you, if that would be more convenient. As a former Lexus owner, this was possible at a Toyota dealer. Hopefully that's the case here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any luck with sourcing a OEM tow hook cover cap through a Genesis dealer? I believe Hyundai dealers have the ability to order Genesis parts for you, if that would be more convenient. As a former Lexus owner, this was possible at a Toyota dealer. Hopefully that's the case here.
I was able to place an order at a Genesis dealership. They said it's not covered under parts and accessories warranty, as the tow hook cover cap fell off while the vehicle's in motion, which is a bummer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was able to place an order at a Genesis dealership. They said it's not covered under parts and accessories warranty, as the tow hook cover cap fell off while the vehicle's in motion, which is a bummer.
How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Don't mind it at all! The part itself was only $6 something, but they were going to charge me almost $80 to color match the part. I took it to a body shop I know and got it done for much much less than that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't mind it at all! The part itself was only $6 something, but they were going to charge me almost $80 to color match the part. I took it to a body shop I know and got it done for much much less than that.
$6 is pretty damn good. I would've guessed a bit more. Now the $80 for color matching that's nuts haha. Did the shop you went to do a good job?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$6 is pretty damn good. I would've guessed a bit more. Now the $80 for color matching that's nuts haha. Did the shop you went to do a good job?
Yes, they did a great job! All in all, it costed me about $30 (including $6 cost,) so I'm not complaining!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts