Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost positive that the G70 will come with the 5.0 v8 that puts out roughly 420hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. We often see the new luxury sedans with 4-5L v8 options so that I'm putting out there as the norm.

But.

We've been exposed to the information that the Genesis G80 will come with an option of a 3.3L Twin-Turbo V6. A pretty much de-tuned GTR engine. Producing 365hp and 376 lb-ft of torque, it's quite impressive, with obviously simple tuning capabilities to bring that power up quite easily.

I think it is definitely more than a possibility that the G70 could come with the same engine and transmission setup. That is something I would probably lean towards as well.

What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
A Nissan engine in a Hyundai ? That's gonna be pretty interesting if that happens. The Q60 eau-rouge or something was supposed to come with that same engine as well

·
Registered
399 Posts
It will also be interesting since Hyundai might want to tune and tweak it to their liking, giving us a different overall feel. Then there's the rest of the driving dynamics mixed in that contributes to the overall feel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The dynamics are gonna make or break it. The car needs to be well rounded to sport an engine like that. Suspension, weight distribution, all needs to be pretty on point

·
Registered
77 Posts
The 5.0 v8 is from a Nissan car? Will Nissan actually share such a nice engine with Hyundai? It would be amazing if the 70 has that much power under the hood.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wasn't the G70 sports sedan concept a hybrid? I assume the production model will be a hybrid too. It had a 241hp 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a hybrid indeed, and it would make sense. Given what the markets are leaning towards

·
Registered
399 Posts
It does indeed make sense and it's about the only way they can go while staying relevant to the industry once the vehicle launches, if not they'll be far behind and set themselves up for failure, and to be honest that's not the sort of decision making i've been seeing from Hyundai.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly, it's quite amazing to see how far they've come in terms of quality, technology, and performance. Never would have thought this would have been the case.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe we'll hear more in the upcoming months as the auto show season is going to start soon. Plenty of chances for Genesis to reveal their newest models.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The LA auto show should be pretty interesting. Hopefully there will be a big Genesis display

·
Registered
70 Posts
There's supposed to be somewhere like 50 new vehicle debuts so I'm sure they'll have a nice setup. Plenty of competition lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
With a leaked picture of the Kia GT sports sedan, that might be an indication that the G70 is also due to roll out at NAIAS. With how things are going that's just about the only show I can see it happening at or is the show I believe it should.

For anyone that didn't get to see it:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems pretty production ready so I don't doubt seeing it at the auto show in Detroit.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It sure is. But just keep in mind what we see in that picture is still just a pre-production model and likely the highest trim. So there will be the typical differences from basemodel to high trim, wheels being one of them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They're releasing teaser videos so I can pretty much guarantee Detroit Auto Show it is. It's on January 8th if anyone is able to check it out.

But I hope it comes with different rims.. those look weird on there in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts