Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you have been following the events at the New York Auto Show, but the latest concept from Genesis stole the show. Deemed the Essentia, this electric luxury grand tourer is a marvel to behold. It features carbon fiber body panels and a carbon fiber chassis. There weren't many details in regards to its fully electric powertrain, but it was estimated that it would accelerate from 0-60mph in 3 seconds. Things are just as crazy on the inside where they have utilized a unique "G-Matrix" web design. There's also a widescreen digital display that almost runs the entire dash. If this is any indication of direction Genesis is heading in with electrics, count me in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When it comes to concepts, I don't expect to see much of what's there to make it into production but Iit would be nice if Genesis kept the bespoke wheels and the widescreen digital display at the very least. Could care less about the web design.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there has already been a big push from the head of Genesis to get this model confirmed for production. There are even some rumours suggesting we could see it as early as 2021. Obviously there will have to be some serious changes to save on cost, but hopefully they can keep a bunch of its unique aspects, such as the full dash infotainment system and glass panelling on the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts