Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hatchback segments are heating up across the world and it turns out Genesis might be joining the fight with a G30. If they do then, odds are i'll have it sitting next to my G70. For now though its easy to see lucrative the segment is with Lexus, Mercedes, Audi and BMW all having launched or will launch into this segment.
Lexus sat out for a bit, removing its CT but now they came back with the UX, now a best seller!

·
Registered
42 Posts
They would have to do more than change the front grille and lighting setup for people to pay a premium over the new GT N line. With the popularity of crossovers we will probable see models coming in above and below the GV80 first.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is just an early rendering, but I agree that something like this probably wouldn't see much interest in North America. In Europe however it could be worth considering, given their preference for estate cars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Diversification will be an important part of Genesis future rollout and something like this could easily find its way into the lineup. Maybe even something a bit larger like a shootingbrake variant.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually think sticking to a few core products would have been better initially rather than spreading themselves out so much. Jaguar has taken that route with reasonable success, Genesis can do even better IMO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They chosen one of the weakest segments in the industry to launch their new models, so that's not going to make it easy for growth. From some of their concepts it looks like we'll be getting a new sports coupe and SUV soon enough.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The GV80 will most likely become their flagship model, as it does not look like crossovers will be a passing fad. If Honda and Toyota have seen a big drop is sales on their sedans, that doesn't bode well for any automaker.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the GV80 relates to the G80 in the way a 5-Series does to the X5 and an Audi A8 to a Q8, and so on, then there might be even bigger and smaller GV suv's in the works.
Knowing what the G90 is like, I'd love to see a GV90!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Imo it would have been a better strategy for Genesis to launch with some crossovers than all these sedan derivatives. There have been a few rumors suggesting that up to 3 Genesis SUVs could be in the lineup as early as 2021.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts