Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets face it, cargo space in the G70 is a weak point but what are the alternatives?

For a vehicle that targeted the 3-Series, which gets some of the largest cargo space in the segment, the G70 falls short. It might be for good reason. Like creating diversification throughout Kia, Hyundai and Genesis. Maybe they thought if someone hated the G70's cargo space but still wanted to shop Korean, the Stinger or G80 would be runner up? You be the judge. I expected the G70 to fit in well among its competition and not lag this far behind in one category.

Genesis G70 Competitors:
  • Kia Stinger
  • Genesis G80
  • Audi A4
  • Acura TLX
  • BMW 3-Series
  • Mercedes C-Class
  • Mercedes A-Class
  • Infiniti Q50
  • Lexus IS
If Genesis wasn't in a vehicle distribution slump by way of insufficient dealer network, we would probably see more day-to-day feedback of living with the G70 and managing 10.5 cu.ft (298 liters) of cargo volume we're given. Has it worked out for you? Or could there be improvements? Its so bad for some that buying a Stinger or CPO 3-Series were the alternative.

Demographics are also a key role here.
If the G70 was always meant to be a fun commuter and weekend track toy for city and suburban folks with little demand on cargo, then the G70 is great. If you have kids, live further away from the office and overall demand more... the answer is obvious.
I fall into the former part of the demographic divide that finds it to be just enough. Although I'll probably rent a 3-Series when I go on road trips. Next step is to find out how to further optimize the cargo area. Not a fan of the OEM cargo tray! Recommendations?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't find cargo volume to be an issue but if you wish to free up a bit more space, remove the space saver spare tire and rely on the inflator kit.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't find cargo volume to be an issue but if you wish to free up a bit more space, remove the space saver spare tire and rely on the inflator kit.
Very true.
In my case it will mostly be me and one other passenger so using the restrictive backseats is an option as well.

Tried sitting back their myself and headroom/legroom is the most compromised

·
Registered
23 Posts
well they couldn't have sold it as a 2-door coupe
if anyone thought selling only sedans in an SUV market was bad enough, a new Genesis coupe would have been worse.
Genesis might be off to a slow start, losing people hoping for more practicality in a sporty sedan but it could be the prelude to something better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Ricky.M
Genesis G70 Forum
Genesis G70 Forum is the best community to discuss horsepower, specs, build, interior and much more. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing