Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai Australia has confirmed that the Genesis G70 is getting the finalising touches on it's suspension and chassis tuning which means it'll soon be revelaed globally.

Scott Grant, chief operating officer for Hyundai Australia had a few words to mention and it's quite promising.

“It’s a different product, obviously it’s a little bit smaller in size but it will be packed with performance credentials that mean the ownership and driving experience will be quite different from the G80,” Grant explained.

“I drive a Genesis now, it’s quite a large car, it’s beautifully finished, but it’s not necessarily a sporting drive where I think the G70 will have a more performance orientation.

“If you want to play in that [3 Series] game the luxury part is essential. But they’re not enough if you want to have a sports-oriented product, which is what the possibility is for this product.

“You have got to have the luxury but you’ve got to have the sports flavour to it. You can’t have one without the other.”

“I think there will be different buyers and a different experience completely,” he said of the G70 and G80 pair.

“So to what extent will they sit side by side? How far is it this way [cheaper] or is it a Y-strategy and equal in pricing?”

Info via: https://www.motormag.com.au/news/1705/rear-drive-twin-turbo-hyundai-genesis-g70-announced

·
Registered
399 Posts
I actually believe its everything they say it will be. They have always delivered where promised and never held back. The Genesis line up is a key indication of this, from coupe to sedan. If anything is to be questioned its pricing, this is Hyundai's time to ask for more.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hyundai never really had much to deliver on though. At most we had the Genesis at the beginning. Hyundai only recently really stepped their game up and brought some strong products to the table. I find at this point, they're pushing and proving that they're deserve to be considered when you're looking at Audi and Lexus and BMW. They're giving something for people to talk about and remember.

·
Registered
399 Posts
they almost have no choice just looking at the changes happening everywhere in the luxury automotive world

Lexus for one stepped up a lot, the new LC and LS are for once very impressive and usher in a new era of Lexus

delivering a lot on what the concept has will position them well, can't let us down on this one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Even looking at what Kia is bringing to the table and the new designs from VW as well.. changes are happening everywhere and not only in the luxury end of the automotive world.

Who would think this could possibly be a Kia ?!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they get a new design chief or something?

Considering this has been teased for so long though, I'm having some real high expectations from the production model and it better be darn good.

·
Registered
399 Posts
They had a German team design the Stinger so that's what amounted to what we see here. Don't know the history of those guys but I can already see some Aston Martin in it. Apparently one of the guys come from Audi. You see anything Audi?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts