Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To clear up any confusion on choosing the optimal engine oil grade for your G70 2.0T or 3.3T I pulled an the entire guide that Genesis gave us. It might not be perfect as we might discover over the coming years but its a start, directly from the source. Went through this process myself after realizing the service guys at my local Genesis dealer were a bit clueless. Genesis recommends Quaker State but I will be experimenting with brands (Motul?) even if it means paying a bit more. A 3.3T will be my weekend track toy so this is something I want to get right!

Genesis G70 Engine Oil SAE Viscosity Numbers for 2.0 T & 3.3 T Models
  • 2.0 T-GDI: ACEA C2 or above/ SAE 0W-30 (or 05W-30, 05W-40, 20W-50, 15W-40, 10W-30 depending on weather temperature range). If the ACEA C2 engine oil is not available in your country, you are able to use API SL & ILSAC GF-3 (or above) or ACEA A3.
  • 3.3 T-GDI: ACEA A5 or above/ SAE 5W-30 (or 10W-30 depending on weather temperature range). If the ACEA A5 engine oil is not available in your country, you are able to use API SM & ILSAC GF4 (or above) or ACEA A3.

Recommended Engine Oil Brand
Quaker State

For Better Fuel Economy on 2.0 T-GDI
For better fuel economy, it is recommended to use the engine oil of a viscosity grade SAE 0W-30 (ACEA C2 or above). However, if the engine oil is not available in your country, select the proper engine oil using the engine oil viscosity chart.

For Better Fuel Economy on 3.3 T-GDI
For better fuel economy, it is recommended to use the engine oil of a viscosity grade 5W-30 (ACEA A5 or above). However, if the engine oil is not available in your country, select the proper engine oil using the engine oil viscosity chart.

Genesis G70 Maintenance Intervals

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its great to know these details but I won't be too concerned till the free maintenance term is up. Its Genesis' responsibility for these next few years :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts