Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyone's suggestions for getting more power from the 3.3T?

I know 365-hp is plenty, but I'm curious about aftermarket support.

I'd like to build a resource thread here with info about aftermarket exhausts, air intakes, etc.

Obvious things like K&N air filter:
https://www.knfilters.ca/search/app...&year=2019&make=GENESIS&model=G70&engine=3.3L

Does anyone make a cone filter for it yet?

And what about engine tuning? Does anyone offer chip tuning for the 3.3T yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heard great things about the BMS intake from Kia Stinger owners. Some have been installed in the G70, here's one of them. My 3.3T Sport should be joining ;)

Features and Benefits

• Adds Horsepower
• Improved throttle response
• Improved engine sound
• Includes heat shields
• Looks great under the hood
• Cleanable and reusable filters
• Easy installation and removal
• Made in the USA

Featuring high quality K&N cone filters the BMS Stinger intake offers the highest possible flow in an attractive and easy to install package. The BMS Stinger intake removes the restrictions within the factory system while retaining the factory cold air ducting, heat isolating airbox bottom, and high flow turbo inlet fittings. In addition a stylish top half shroud is included to protect the intake from radiant engine heat.The result is dramatically improved performance, throttle response, and sound. You'll finally get to hear what is going on under the hood! And the more boost you run the higher the performance gains.

This intake has been extensively tested on the BMS development Stinger running [email protected] in the 1/4 mile and 148mph half mile traps.

Installation is easy taking only a few minutes to install and remove right in your driveway. The high flow K&N filters can be cleaned every 15-20k miles for optimal performance. Made in the USA.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Heard great things about the BMS intake from Kia Stinger owners. Some have been installed in the G70, here's one of them. My 3.3T Sport should be joining ;)

Features and Benefits

• Adds Horsepower
• Improved throttle response
• Improved engine sound
• Includes heat shields
• Looks great under the hood
• Cleanable and reusable filters
• Easy installation and removal
• Made in the USA

Featuring high quality K&N cone filters the BMS Stinger intake offers the highest possible flow in an attractive and easy to install package. The BMS Stinger intake removes the restrictions within the factory system while retaining the factory cold air ducting, heat isolating airbox bottom, and high flow turbo inlet fittings. In addition a stylish top half shroud is included to protect the intake from radiant engine heat.The result is dramatically improved performance, throttle response, and sound. You'll finally get to hear what is going on under the hood! And the more boost you run the higher the performance gains.

This intake has been extensively tested on the BMS development Stinger running [email protected] in the 1/4 mile and 148mph half mile traps.

Installation is easy taking only a few minutes to install and remove right in your driveway. The high flow K&N filters can be cleaned every 15-20k miles for optimal performance. Made in the USA.
About that 1/4 mile time, has any owners confirmed it for themselves? 3.3's run 12.8 stock, shaving off 1 second is quite a lot.

·
Registered
537 Posts
@SuperNuprin I was just looking into that and am closer to getting it.

I mean, who's really going to turn down the claimed "462 horsepower and 531 pound feet of torque – at the wheels…" :D

Have you or anyone you know in the community went for it by now? Contemplating REV3/BMS

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cannot imagine that something like this might invalidate the factory warranty but would like to get anyone’s opinion on this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
As discussed elsewhere here, The "Magnason-Moss act clearly states with legal precedent that no dealer or manufacturer can void a warranty because of an aftermarket part. They DO NOT have to warranty the replaced part or anything that part directly affects. This means if you tune or chip your engine the engine warranty is void. Of course if it does not trigger the "T" warning on the computer and you can remove the chip before the dealer sees it then it makes no difference. Honestly I have not heard of a major engine failure on a chipped car or tuned car in my area unless you are flat out racing in competition and do not have the correct parts to support the horsepower gaines. My sons have both had their cars dyno tuned and are running fine 3-4 years later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
3.3t auto. Looking to increase hp. How much will the drive train take and still be reliable? I am looking for a 2019 g70 now. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts