Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I had the chance to attend the Canadian International Auto Show and got some hands on time with the G70. I have to say that I was really impressed with the cabin design, and imo its on par with anything you would find from BMW, MB, Audi etc. If you are in the market for a new premium luxury sedan, this certainly stands out in the sea of German saloons. Here are some of the biggest takeaways I found from the demo model.

1.) The stitching and quilted pattern on the seats and door panels is elegant and comfortable. The contrast stitching on the dash can be color matched to the interior
2.) The front sensor located on the grille is less noticeable in person than it is in pictures. You’ll find something similar in nearly every other premium model
3.) I like the brushed aluminum plating that is found around the gear selector, on the door panels and around the gauge cluster
4.) Decent head room in the rear seats. I’m 6ft and my hair was just grazing the roofline. Leg room could be an issue for taller occupants
5.) I appreciate that they still provide plenty of physical shortcut buttons to control the infotainment system. Not a fan of those that are purely touch based
6.) There are some faux vents on the front and rear bumper, which I’m not a fan of. The entire front grille however is ported and functional
7.) Nice chrome accents throughout the entire exterior of the car. Its on the front quarter panel, mirrors, door handles and window trim
8.) There is some discreet Genesis badging that is hidden in the rear taillights. It’s subtle enough that you’d have to go looking for it
9.) I really liked the creasing on the hood and the fact that it follows the lines of the front emblem back towards the windshield
10.) This is just a styling preference but I would prefer a real dual exit exhaust. The single exit pipe was using a fake dual exit tip
11.) I don't know why they only have the one trim level on the floor. Would have been nice to see the Advanced, Design and Dynamic kit

·
Registered
63 Posts
Completely agree with you about the cabin design of this car and I think its impressive considering how new Hyundai is to this segment. The improvements they have continued to make on the G80 have obviously worked their way down into their newer models. The 3.3T comes with a dual exhaust system, though the oval exits make just be tips as well. I would imagine aftermarket will step in to remedy this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Agree.
Everything about the cabin is on point but my only gripe is the steering wheel which could be sportier. My hope is a performance model get something similar to BMW.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Really appreciate you sharing these insights with us. Weird that Genesis chose to only have one model on display for such a prominent show. Build quality looks excellent from these pictures and I love what they have done with the cabin. That brushed aluminum is a really nice accent piece and they've even done a nice job incorporating it into tops of the seats.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Its just too bad that with all these opportunities to show the G70 that Genesis hasn't shown it in any other configurations like a high performance model to rival the M3.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll need to be patient on those kinds of variants for the G70. It makes more sense for them to build up a consumer base, before they make that kind of investment into the platform. People are coming to Genesis to save money over a competing German model.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You'll need to be patient on those kinds of variants for the G70. It makes more sense for them to build up a consumer base, before they make that kind of investment into the platform. People are coming to Genesis to save money over a competing German model.
I've come to realize that after noticing the lack of crossovers and SUV's. Once that's addressed we might see more G70

1 - 7 of 7 Posts