Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
StingerForums.com - The Largest Kia Stinger Forum And Community!

Sharing the same RWD platform and parts bin the Genesis G70 will have to compete with its cousin, the Kia Stinger, for the limelight.

Debuting at the 2016 New York auto show, the Genesis G70 concept garnered plenty of attention and praise from automotive publications. Following its cousin, the Kia Stinger received similar praise and raving reviews from the guys at Carbuzz a few weeks ago at the 2017 Detroit Auto show.

They may be sharing a platform, but both models needed to differentiate themselves from one another somehow and that’s where styling comes in.

We still don’t know what the G70’s final production form would look like, but the camouflaged mule we’ve been seeing seems to be a toned down version of the concept. It would have been nice to see those LED headlights and angled bumper make its way onto the production model, but we do understand that the G70 carries the weight of the Genesis brand on its shoulders. That’s why it has a more mature look in order to attract customers from its German and Japanese competitors.

Kia can afford to give the Stinger a sportier look with quad exhaust, fastback roofline and more. This is a model to show off their ability to produce luxurious vehicles that are also fun to drive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I feel like the Stinger got more attention than the G70 did in the whole. That being said, they look like they're marketed to two different audiences which at that point doesn't pose much if any trouble for Genesis or Kia.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I feel like the Stinger got more attention than the G70 did in the whole. That being said, they look like they're marketed to two different audiences which at that point doesn't pose much if any trouble for Genesis or Kia.
Well that's for the simple fact the Stinger has wider appeal to the market. It's a vehicle for just about everyone and pricing should reflect that as much as the new Civic hatch does.

G70 is a luxury-sport sedan.

That's the difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe the G70 can take back the spotlight again once the production model is revealed. I'm still hoping that the exterior design will retain elements of the concept model and look just as exciting.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nothing took the spotlight away, these are simply different products. Does a country singer take the spot light away from a Hip Hop artist? No. Totally different, and that's what we're dealing with here.

Yes they share a platform but who they appeal to is a different story.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The New York concept was revealed at the Canadian Auto Show. Apparently Genesis says they will be opening two boutique sales centers in Toronto this year and 31 more locations across Canada by 2021.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm guessing the other Genesis dealerships will open up in major cities, but those in more rural parts of Canada may have a harder time getting their hands on a G70.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can definitely imagine that and it makes sense. Place the dealerships where your market is. The rural areas generally don't have a care for more luxury things as their more based around vehicles they can use like the F150 or whatever the case may be

1 - 8 of 8 Posts