Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Genesis GV70 SUV was spotted for the first time with it's final body.

The image was sent during the announcement of the New Year's Day by Hyundai Group Vice President of Hyundai Motors Group, according to The Korean Car Blog.

He said, “Genesis will accelerate overseas expansion in China and Europe, and will aggressively expand its line-up including the first SUV model launched this year to strengthen global brand power.”
Returning to the pic showcased at HMG event, the shape of the bonnet, the roof, and the side mirrors, as well as the size of the body are different on the three SUVs. The model’s bonnet at the left end emphasizes smoothness while the model at the right end has a clear bend and string.

This can be interpreted as a result of Genesis’s design philosophy, “Athletic Elegance.” “If the G80 has a 50:50 ratio of elegance and dynamics, the G70 has 70% dynamic and 30% elegance,” said Lee Sang-yeop, who is responsible of Genesis styling.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just want the elegance of a Stelvio/Mercedes/etc. but a unique product in the end. New G80 proved that.
With all the effort Genesis has put in to building and designing their sedans, I expect nothing less for the GV80 and the GV70 when they come out in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
399 Posts
With all the effort Genesis has put in to building and designing their sedans, I expect nothing less for the GV80 and the GV70 when they come out in the next couple of years.
Hyundai has been doing well with SUV's so hopefully that holds true for Genesis. Do you think they can succeed on the premium/luxury SUV end? Its the first time we're seeing anything like this from a Korean automaker. Not every luxury brand succeeds here...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surprised there's no word of a GV90 with the rise of full-size SUV's happening.
I'm surprised about that as well. I guess they want to see how the GV70 and GV80 do before they go in on a full-size luxury SUV.

·
Registered
85 Posts
China might be a better start for Genesis, that's if they're considering it.
Genesis has been eyeing a launch in China but I haven't seen a lot about it recently. It seems a lot of it is due to the relationship between China and South Korea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts