Genesis G70 Forum banner

Genesis is keeping the G70's manual gearbox in 2020

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Robert88 
#1 ·
Great news everyone! The Genesis will have its manual transmission available for purchase in 2020!

According to an article from motor1.com, despite a take rate of under 5% for the G70 manual, Genesis Chief Operating Officer Erwin Raphael "Confirmed on a conference call that the model will continue to offer the shift-it-yourself gearbox into the 2020 model year. The news comes on the heels of the brand’s 38 percent year-over-year sales growth through the first half of 2019."

How is everyone feeling about Genesis helping to keep the manuals alive?

#10 ·
Genesis needs it while establishing themselves.
Its the one edge they have and can depend, all while for big automakers, holding onto manuals actually cost them money and provides little benefit.
For sure, keeping the manual helps satisfy enthusiasts like us and it allows them to continue growing their brand for more casual buyers.

#13 ·
For the 4 popper, Racechip is achieving 310 hp, but I don't know the name of the other one who has 350 hp from that engine. My mistake of saying 400 hp.
I was thinking of several engines, and several tuners, who are focusing on over 600 hp from the 2.0 Hyundai turbo. I think We need AWD from Genesis with the manual. Is anyone else thinking of this too?

#14 ·
For the 4 popper, Racechip is achieving 310 hp, but I don't know the name of the other one who has 350 hp from that engine. My mistake of saying 400 hp.
I was thinking of several engines, and several tuners, who are focusing on over 600 hp from the 2.0 Hyundai turbo. I think We need AWD from Genesis with the manual. Is anyone else thinking of this too?
I definitely won't say no to a manual G70 with AWD. Also, it's crazy how much power people can get from that 2.0 engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.