Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai already offers a smartwatch app and now the Genesis brand is getting its own smartwatch application. Called the Genesis Intelligent Assistant, it is compatible with Apple Watch and Android Wear.

Paired with Genesis Connected Services, the app will allow owners to remotely control various functions including start and stop, unlock or lock the doors, activate horn and lights, and check if your doors are locked or unlocked. The app also includes a car finder feature in cause you ever lose it in a crowded parking lot and it’ll give you a parking meter reminder. All of these features can be selected via voice command or the Smartwatch menu.

On top of those smartwatch features, Genesis has a mobile app which helps drivers stay connected with their vehicles. It will provide you with calendar notifications, access to the vehicle’s maintenance information and monthly vehicle report, find saved POIs and send an address to the car’s navigation, play how-to videos, and even schedule pick up appointments for vehicle maintenance.

What drivers do need before accessing the Genesis Intelligence App is an active Genesis Connected Services or Blue Link subscription. Perhaps the addition of their new Intelligent Assistant app will help Genesis stand out from the crowded luxury segment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is actually real darn cool. I love the way technology is advancing and this is intense. I love the convenience that something as simple as a watch can bring now. No need to carry a wallet anymore, you can answer calls and send texts, check emails, now start your car and do a whole bunch more? What a great time to be alive lol.

Is there any other manufacturers currently doing this ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm actually a bit surprised that Genesis hasn't decided to partner up with a certain smart watch maker to come out with something special. In the end it wouldn't cost that much more than what we're already used to, also it can be easily included as an accessory while optioning out a Genesis.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are so many companies making smart watches it's crazy. From OS specific like Samsung, Apple, Huawei to just luxury brands like Tag Heuer. I can see how it would've been beneficial especially if they pulled something like you suggested to have it as an accessory or even as an incentive. Get a free smart-watch with the purchase of your new Genesis loaded with the Genesis Intelligence App.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yup. It's an easy way to boost the experience of owning something from the Genesis line that ties right into everyday life and the actual ownership experience, all while not costing Genesis much at all. The extra $400-500 (or whatever it might go for) will pay itself back many times over. They can even include it in the cost of the car.

They better get on it because surely Mercedes, will.

BMW is very incrementally going that way....

·
Registered
70 Posts
See everything on that key and more can be done on an app! If they plan on competing in this segment with those heavy hitters that are already very well established, they need to get on point and start raising the bar in different effective ways.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd actually prefer to control my car via key instead of an app. Call me paranoid, but giving watches and phones so much control over an expensive vehicle scares me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm pretty on board with all of that on an app. As it is, smart watches and phones control bank cards now, would just make things more convenient to have my key integrated into them as well. The tech is progressing day by day, gotta keep up with it and keep going. Embrace it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'd actually prefer to control my car via key instead of an app. Call me paranoid, but giving watches and phones so much control over an expensive vehicle scares me.
There's very little to worry about unless you have something to hide and worry about government agencies intercepting your connections, aside from that there's nothing else.

I just rather have the convenience of controlling certain things through my phone/watch than an entirely separate device. During a time when everyone is on their phones/devices, there's just no better way to shift.

If you do online banking on your phone, THAT is something you should be more concerned about rather than this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We put a lot more sensitive information in our phones compared to something like a key. There is access to our online banking, sensitive emails, even sensitive information that goes through text messages. A key for your car is the last thing to worry about.

Everything is converting to being device friendly meaning you can do almost anything with your phone now. This just puts us one step closer. Innovation is the way, and you need to adapt otherwise it'll all just pass you by and you'll be left clueless at some point.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Correct. So with all that information about you on your device that's far more closer to who you are and get right to the core of what sustains you, what's there to worry about when you have an APP that gives you easier access to your vehicle?

In the end its a non-issue. The upsides to operating out of an APP outweigh the downsides so much that they don't even rank.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's definitely a non-issue. Something that really doesn't need any concern towards it. I can't even think of any downsides for this because either way if the app fails, you still have a physical key.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts