Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over next couple of years expect to see a larger Genesis lineup. During their launch of the G70 in Australia, Genesis revealed that they will feature a lineup of 6 models by 2021.

Genesis Motors global head Manfred Fitzgerald made the announcement and told customers what their plans are.

“This is only the beginning of it,” he said. “We will have an extension of our product line-up until 2021, we will have six vehicles out there, of which we will have the first SUV which will be followed by a second SUV shortly thereafter.

“Then we will have more exciting body styles which I won’t disclose at this point, which will arrive subsequently. So, rest assured that there will be a full line-up coming very soon.”

With all future models to be produced in both left- and right-hand drive, Mr Fitzgerald said the time between model released in the domestic and international markets will be reduced significantly.
The GV80 SUV is already set to join the G70, G80, and G90, bringing the total to 4 vehicles. What do you think the other 2 vehicles will be? My guess is there will be a second SUV and some kind of electric vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe the other two will be a large 3-row SUV based on a G90 and a compact SUV based on the G70. Tons of room in this market for such vehicles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the other two will be a large 3-row SUV based on a G90 and a compact SUV based on the G70. Tons of room in this market for such vehicles.
I could definitely see that as an option too. Genesis has a lot of options to work with to expand their lineup. As long as they build their SUV(s) with the same quality as their sedans they'll be in a good place.

·
Registered
399 Posts
A product map that went with this report only showed 2 SUV's, one of which is the GV80. At least any other utility vehicle to be offered can utilize platforms under those 6 Genesis models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts