Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Genesis has released the first teaser video of the new G70 sports sedan ahead of its global debut. Though the car itself remains hidden, we are told that the premier will take place in Seoul, South Korea on September 15.

One would assume the upcoming International Motor Show would be the ideal stage for a debut, with how much publicity the event drums up every year. But during the video, Fitzgerald explains their decision behind the location.

“We chose deliberately Seoul, as this is our place of origin. So they can celebrate this brand, and take an ownership of this brand, feeling proud of what we are doing together."

Even though the Genesis badge is now a brand of its own, the branch is still owned by Kia Motor Corporation, which is headquartered in Seoul. This is Genesis’ way of celebrating their heritage and connecting with local fans.

We may not see the G70 at Frankfurt, but the new sports sedan may make an appearance in the flesh at December’s Los Angeles Auto Show. Before then, we’ll have confirmation about the rumored 3.3-liter V6 engine that’s expected to appear in the G70.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately no. BUT my colleague in Seoul was invited to the event, and he is super excited like myself. My colleague's friend did go to the prelaunch event early this week in Seoul and told me that the rendering of the front (
) is 99% same with the real one- except that the fog lights in the rendering at the bottom are turn signals. So I guess all we have to wait for is the rear (which we kind of know already).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you guys think we will see an N-Sport model from launch because I think it will be one of the best things for Hyundai to do. Yeah they can wait 6 months or a year to bring it out but this is a revolutionary model for the brand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you guys think we will see an N-Sport model from launch because I think it will be one of the best things for Hyundai to do. Yeah they can wait 6 months or a year to bring it out but this is a revolutionary model for the brand.
From what I've read the N division is something for Hyundai, not Genesis. We won't see a hotter version of the upcoming models like the G70 for a while, if ever, in a separate package.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I guess that's sort of a good thing since it could mean with Genesis we see a whole different breed of performance and sportiness. The more they can copy what the Germans do, the better. But at the same time this could mean milder performance for Hyundai.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts