Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now that Genesis is its own brand and no longer just a Hyundai nameplate, the design of its lineup needs to reflect their somewhat newfound individuality and Genesis chief designer Luc Donckerwolke gave CarAndDriver a hint as to what the new design language will look like.

Though the G70 sports sedan was launched recently, it was developed before Donckerwolke joined Genesis and not really the direction he’s going in, though the man does think “it is a really good, sexy car with ideal proportions.”

A more appropriate example of what we could see in the future is the GV80 SUV concept that was revealed at the New York auto show earlier this year. The concept expresses their vision of the brand’s future and it’s leaning towards “athletic elegance”.

Looking from the front, we’re treated to a view of its chrome mesh grille flanked by a pair of razor thin horizontal headlights with jewel-like graphics. Under those are what should be deeply recessed air intakes and the combination creates and aggressive appearance.

Moving to the side, we have a long horizontal line spanning the length of the vehicle with the tail end drooping slightly, a features Donckerwolke describes as “la parabólica” and “slightly anti-wedge.”

Of course we don’t expect Genesis to simply copy and paste these features onto the next generation G70 or any other future model for that matter, but even a toned down version of what we see is sure to impress.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure I like how the front grill is separated into two sections by a piece of plastic. That takes away from the grille's own design. Maybe the headlights is those two slits were in the same unit and the actual bulbs here between those led strips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like this design a lot, especially headlights, they look absolutely spectacular. The only thing I'm concerned about is how bright they are. I can't understand the brightness of them in this video, so if you find a better example please share it with us.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those headlights aren't practical and will be drastically toned down in a production model, perhaps the idea of two slits will life in a large headlight unit, but not as two individual entities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts