Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got the opportunity to see the 2021/2022 Genesis G70 in the flesh with all of the updates at one of Genesis' Studio exhibits where you can see the cars in person. This Genesis Studio was in Anseong, Korea inside of a mall (slightly different/better experience than in the states). Let me just say, pictures do not do it complete justice. From the moment you actually see the car and appreciate how the Melbourne gray matte finish is eye catching especially when contrasting with the darker wheels. The interior is soft touch throughout and has an upscale feel while not feeling like you need white gloves to handle everything. The car oozes quality and a pride in craftsmanship.

They also offer test drives that you can schedule online but as of today, they only had the 2.0 engine available at this location for test drives. Check out the photos. Let me know what y'all think. Hope to test-drive soon and provide my thoughts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don’t yet own a Genesis. Based on everything I have seen, it appears they have fixed the few things I didn’t love about the G70. It may be time to upgrade when these hit the States. The question I will have to answer is will I be happy trading in both my fun car and the daily driver for a single G70? Otherwise the G70 will have to stay out in the cold and a car like this deserves an indoor spot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great photos @Angel! From what you were able to see and feel, how does the interior compare to the old G70?
the interior just has those extra pieces that bring a more luxurious feel to the car over the original. The soft touch pieces were everywhere it mattered. The larger infotainment screen and the digital cluster is also something that really looks much more polished and gives it that bit extra for your money. The rear legroom appears to have improved as well. It doesn’t feel as cramped in the back but I’m only 5ft 8in so it’s not like the front seat placement was that far back.

Definitely want to go back and see the car again and test drive as soon as they have a 3.3 available.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it being offered with a manual transmission still?
Unfortunately it appears that the manual will no longer be offered with the refreshed models. Both the 2.0 and the 3.3 will have the 8spd automatic. I recall reading that the manual was a very low seller, like less than 10% of sales. I think if they would’ve gone with the 2.5L turbo 4cyl that they are putting in the refreshed stinger and kept the manual, it could’ve been a hot seller to the sport enthusiast market as well as gotten some to take a stronger look at Genesis for those wanting to buy a luxury car.

Sadly, the world will never know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t yet own a Genesis. Based on everything I have seen, it appears they have fixed the few things I didn’t love about the G70. It may be time to upgrade when these hit the States. The question I will have to answer is will I be happy trading in both my fun car and the daily driver for a single G70? Otherwise the G70 will have to stay out in the cold and a car like this deserves an indoor spot.
What do you have as your fun car and your daily driver?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts