Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner 2020 G70 3.3T AWD. First long trip 360 miles RT. Starting in COMFORT mode. Tomorrow’s trip in ECO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Nice trip down. ECO mode gave me 33 MPG. Respectable. Great feel, most all settings set. Missing about half of the gas tank from my Fusion hybrid. No pix, looks just like every other Havana Red G70!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! 33 MPG is great. Are you planning to get any modifications and/or accessories?
That's a great question. I'm kinda an old fart, so lot of add-ons probably not in the cards. May think about a spoiler. How can you tamper with perfection!

·
Registered
469 Posts
That's a great question. I'm kinda an old fart, so lot of add-ons probably not in the cards. May think about a spoiler. How can you tamper with perfection!
Keeping it stock or mostly stock is great too. The G70 was designed very well. I am however a fan of subtle upgrades that come off as OEM. Since Korea and some eastern markets got the G70 before us, I'm sure there are many.

Aside from that, did you get paint protection/clear bra/etc. done or are planning to?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad experience in past with bras. Lot of pollen up here and other garbage. Usually taking of bra is a PITA. Looking into ceramic coating. Not a lot of detailers know how to do it right up here.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Bad experience in past with bras. Lot of pollen up here and other garbage. Usually taking of bra is a PITA. Looking into ceramic coating. Not a lot of detailers know how to do it right up here.
If you can find a certified PPF installer then that could be a great option.

3M does it: Become A 3M Certified PPF Installer | 3M

Dealers offer PPF too but something about them doing it doesn't sit right with me.
Are taking any special measures in washing and maintaining your G70's exterior (2 bucket method, waxing... automated touchless washes, etc.)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the puppy last week. Have not done first hand wash. Since Griot's HQ is local, use most of their products. Like to try the Chemical Bros products as a comparison. Hear equally good reviews. Thanks for the tip on 3M. Will look for that designation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts