Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I'm an owner of a 2014 Nissan Maxima SV. Currently, walking around a few different sedans from my list and G70 is one of them.
Hope to gain more knowledge about Genesis G70 from you guys on this forum.
Cheers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That is quite the move to make not only from a semi-luxury segment but the switch to a different brand. Why not something else from Nissan or why not go to Infiniti? Was there something you didn't like about those two brands? Would be interesting to find out as I don't have experience with either brand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, it's about all these YouTube videos, probably I watch too many of them. I saw a few very nice reviews of G70, I liked it and that's why I decided to pay more attention to this vehicle.

Nissan is okay, but I'm not one of those loyal guys, who spend whole life with only one brand, I want to try everything.

·
Registered
399 Posts
welcome! I have a BMW 4 now, but getting a g70 soon when it lands in the States. Really excited.
Glad to have someone in this community that currently owns just about the best thing this segment has to offer since come time to test the G70, your feedback, good or bad, will hold that much more value. Who knows you might be converting some BMW loyalists.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm excited to hear what BMW loyalist will say about G70. In my opinion, this car won't let anyone be silent. <br>

·
Registered
2 Posts
BMW Loyalist

I am a BMW loyalist that went to Genesis G80. I had four BMW's including 3 Five Series and one Three series. The last three cars were set up as all wheel drive cars with options to be the most driver's car you could build in all wheel drive. This is impossible to do with BMW unless to custom configure and order outside of going a true M Car which is not a practical high mileage daily driver in the snow belt. BMW has moved to catering the brand buyers and abandoned their roots.
The Genesis brand has a lot going for it and I anxiously await the G70.
The G80 (I have an Ultimate AWD) is impressive, but not yet the driving dynamics of the silky smooth in-line 6 turbo and drive train of BMW - but the G70 will be the first designed under the new brand by the former BMW design team leader!
Though I miss the driving dynamics, the Genesis excels a few other ways. As a higher mileage daily driver, I don't miss the constant brake dust and lower paint quality of BMW; Genesis braking is great for my needs as a daily driver, and the Genesis Paint quality blows BMW away!
The overall quality of build and materials of Genesis should have BMW and others nervous; if you can get away from hang-ups over an yet to recognized luxury brand, then Genesis can hang with the best - those of us old enough to remember Lexus will hopefully see a similar brand build with Genesis.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

I thought it is impossible to switch your brand from BMW, especially after 3 (!!!) Five series, but you opened my eyes:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am a BMW loyalist that went to Genesis G80. I had four BMW's including 3 Five Series and one Three series. The last three cars were set up as all wheel drive cars with options to be the most driver's car you could build in all wheel drive. This is impossible to do with BMW unless to custom configure and order outside of going a true M Car which is not a practical high mileage daily driver in the snow belt. BMW has moved to catering the brand buyers and abandoned their roots.
The Genesis brand has a lot going for it and I anxiously await the G70.
The G80 (I have an Ultimate AWD) is impressive, but not yet the driving dynamics of the silky smooth in-line 6 turbo and drive train of BMW - but the G70 will be the first designed under the new brand by the former BMW design team leader!
Though I miss the driving dynamics, the Genesis excels a few other ways. As a higher mileage daily driver, I don't miss the constant brake dust and lower paint quality of BMW; Genesis braking is great for my needs as a daily driver, and the Genesis Paint quality blows BMW away!
The overall quality of build and materials of Genesis should have BMW and others nervous; if you can get away from hang-ups over an yet to recognized luxury brand, then Genesis can hang with the best - those of us old enough to remember Lexus will hopefully see a similar brand build with Genesis.
In a way we can say this is a cheaper BMW 3-Series or 5-Series.
One thing i hope for is that we see aftermarket take off similar to how it has for BMW's, if it does then i might just buy myself a G70.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts