Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a 2019 rwd 3.3t g70. I would like to add hp. How much hp will the drive train take and still be reliable? Please label your opinion as either bhp or whp. Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looking to purchase a 2019 rwd 3.3t g70. I would like to add hp. How much hp will the drive train take and still be reliable? Please label your opinion as either bhp or whp. Thanks
About 500 whp and 500 wtq is what G70 and Stinger owners can run before they start to experience transmission problems, and other powertrain and drivetrain limitations. One of them are built in fail safes from Genesis, I guess to help ensure reliability.
How far are you planning to go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am first learning about the car and the "hop up" options. I want to use the 91 octane readily available. It will be a daily driver. 400 or so whp. Do you have a suggested build list? I live in Fl so summer heat is a factor in the summer months.

·
Registered
314 Posts
400 whp would be as high as I'd go. Anything after that for a daily driver is a bit overkill. Lap3 USA, Vivid Racing, and GAN Tuning have ECU tuning options that can give the G70 and extra kick in power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts