Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like Hyundai delaerships aren't happy with Genesis splitting away from them and getting their own stores without sufficient compensation. At least that's what I gathered from this walk out Automotive News talked about.

rising frustration among Hyundai dealers who carry Genesis products and conflicting views of what role they will play in the Genesis retail network.

The walkout came after dealers were told of a potential decision by Hyundai to open points of sale for Genesis stores in select locations to non-Hyundai retailers, according to the sources. Dealers also were frustrated by how much Hyundai plans to compensate dealers who no longer will be permitted to sell Genesis vehicles, the sources said.

·
Registered
387 Posts
All it does for starters is create a harder situation to sell due to less foot traffic. Both brands have plans for more models so its just a matter of time till things pick up with foot traffic in the door and oversales. That's how I see it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps Genesis may not have all that much foot traffic initially, but with more models being released they'll slowly start to build up a reputation. I assume Lexus didn't start off as a well known brand moving large amounts of cars.

But I can see where Hyundai dealerships are coming from, especially if they've updated their service bays and showrooms for Genesis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts