Genesis G70 Forum banner

I plan on buying a g70 very soon. Should I be worried? Dark Chrome and roof rattle.

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Ice-G 
#1 ·
So I’m very close to making the decision to buy a 3.3t sport. Likely a 2020 model, maybe a 2021. I’ve read about the dark chrome issue that some people are having. Should I be worried about the dark chrome being a for sure issue down the road of my purchase? I’ve also heard about the sunroof rattle. What are my chances that I won’t have to deal with both?

#5 ·
Hi, I am have is issue with the gold colored chrome ( 2019 G70 Sport) It looks some type of glue or sticky substance, kind of like as if it had a file rap on all the chrome and when it was pull off the glue stuck to the chrome? I scrubbed a small portion and it came off but took a lot of effort to clean a two inch area... Wondering if I should take the car back to the dealership?

thanks for any feedback you may have.

#9 ·
The chrome issue is from the factory plastic shipping protectant wrap. The correction is a TSB and the dealer will rectify.
As for car wash issues, I run a car rental fleeting facility and run my car through the was about twice a week. No problems whatsoever.
My sunroof has zero rattles.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.