Genesis G70 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new to the group.

Similarly, I'm currently driving a 2011 BMW 328i. Looking for something similar but much faster. I test drove the G70 3.3T last week and really liked it. Also, looking at the Caddy ATS-V which seems to be a great car but falls short on the interior. What do you guys think?

Also, for the G70 owners, have you guys looked into Racechip or any other mods to up the hp? I think the stock hp will be fast enough but just curious if anyone else went that route. I'm skeptical to purchase a nice new ride, then possibly ruining the engine/warranty for just a little extra boost. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new to the group.

Similarly, I'm currently driving a 2011 BMW 328i. Looking for something similar but much faster. I test drove the G70 3.3T last week and really liked it. Also, looking at the Caddy ATS-V which seems to be a great car but falls short on the interior. What do you guys think?

Also, for the G70 owners, have you guys looked into Racechip or any other mods to up the hp? I think the stock hp will be fast enough but just curious if anyone else went that route. I'm skeptical to purchase a nice new ride, then possibly ruining the engine/warranty for just a little extra boost. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
You do realize that the ATS-V is a deceased vehicle ? 2019 was the last . Ditto the CTS-V As for chipping, why would you trash a 100K powertrain warranty for a few more hp and some torque ? Curious minds ........

·
Registered
2 Posts
You do realize that the ATS-V is a deceased vehicle ? 2019 was the last . Ditto the CTS-V As for chipping, why would you trash a 100K powertrain warranty for a few more hp and some torque ? Curious minds ........
Yes, I knew that. Would obviously hit the used market for the ATS-V. Not all that interested in the CT5 and CT4 coming out.

And I was just reading your post @MikeyTX :

Finally Got One ........... :)

Didn't you install the VR Tuned chip? Lol. And I guess my question was does adding a chip void the warranty? Again, just doing some research.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I knew that. Would obviously hit the used market for the ATS-V. Not all that interested in the CT5 and CT4 coming out.

And I was just reading your post @MikeyTX :

Finally Got One ........... :)

Didn't you install the VR Tuned chip? Lol. And I guess my question was does adding a chip void the warranty? Again, just doing some research.
What I purchased from VR is no a chip. Nor is it a modified ECU. Lastly, the tuner has not been installed. It is still in the original shipping box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 435 i grand coupe was gorgeous but the G70 rides better and is much faster. The G70 has the better warranty and should depreciate less than the 435. I have about 3500 miles on my G70 and I do notice steering wheel shaking sliltley when hard breaking. Its goes in for maintenance at 5000 miles. The rotors will have to be addressed
New here and to Genesis. We went and drove a G70 at my wife's behest as we are shopping for a car for her. She is coming out of an IS250AWD and she liked the G70AWD3.3 a lot. We never sat in or looked at a Genisis car prior to yesterday, so I was not ready to sign the dotted line when the manager offered us a ridiculous $1200 off the sticker. So now I am doing some research and the evidence I see says the G70 drops something awful in value, so I am wondering if anyone around here has data to support the statement that the G70 should depreciate less.

Is there a site that shows good pricing for the G70?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 435 i grand coupe was gorgeous but the G70 rides better and is much faster. The G70 has the better warranty and should depreciate less than the 435. I have about 3500 miles on my G70 and I do notice steering wheel shaking sliltley when hard breaking. Its goes in for maintenance at 5000 miles. The rotors will have to be addressed
New here and to Genesis. We went and drove a G70 at my wife's behest as we are shopping for a car for her. She is coming out of an IS250AWD and she liked the G70AWD3.3 a lot. We never sat in or looked at a Genisis car prior to yesterday, so I was not ready to sign the dotted line when the manager offered us a ridiculous $1200 off the sticker. So now I am doing some research and the evidence I see says the G70 drops something awful in value, so I am wondering if anyone around here has data to support the statement that the G70 should depreciate less.

Is there a site that shows good pricing for the G70?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey kbracy...I've owned a Lexus from 95 to 2013. I live the Lexus. Best car in my book. Just don't like the front grill. I bought a 2019 caddy xts. A 54000 dollar car. A year later with 12000 miles car was worth 23000. I didn't like the car. I never thought I'd buy a Hyundai. Saw the Genesis on tv. The g70 against a BMW and another car. Genesis got the best over all. I took a g70 2.0 out and liked it alot. Then I took the 3.3t out. Fell in love with it. I bought the 2020 g70 3.3t and I don't think about anything else but can't wait to get back in. Well see in a year and go from there. Good luck on any decision you make.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my 3.3t back in August got 4000 miles on it now and still riding perfect. My first oil change is going up,no issues so far.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts