Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to find front seat legroom and headroom specs. Anyone know those dimensions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have no idea where you'd find those numbers aside from measuring the G780 yourself. I tried looking everywhere and the specs are lacking legroom and headroom measurements.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Couldn't find any specific dimensions, but a review from car advice noted in the front seats that headroom is fine for anyone up to about 185cm, and knee-room is adequate with a driver’s seat set for someone of that height too. Back seats seem to be a different story as per usual.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd assume most people will fall withing that range of around 6 foot and should fit comfortably in the G70 so long as the seat is adjusted properly.

·
Registered
399 Posts
here's what i found out about headroom:

there’s little headroom in the back and not enough foot wiggle space if the driver has their seat set low. Odd, for a car that’s about 60mm longer and 40mm wider than a 3-Series.
cars in this segment were never made to greatly support rear seated passengers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like you'll be fine so long as you're sitting in the front. With how slanted the rear roofline looks from the outside, you wouldn't expect to find exceptional headroom anyways. The legroom may be annoying for taller passengers on long trips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Head Room - Front - 1010 mm (39.76") with Sunroof is 978 mm (38.5")
Leg Room - Front - 1083 mm (42.63")

·
Registered
6 Posts
The common complain of people who have ridden in the back seat is that there is very little toe room. Unless the front seat passengers raise their seats up, there really isn't anywhere for your feet to go. Knee room seems okay and head room is adequate for most. But the foot room seems to be the weak link for rear seat passengers. Those in the front seem to be fine. It's a pretty wide car, so shoulder room is ample.

As others have suggested, in this market segment, rear seats are sort of vestigial. They're fine for kids or for adults on a short trip. But you wouldn't want to load four adults into the car for a long trip unless those in the front seat are willing to compromise on their seating position by raising their seats up.

If you view this as primarily a two-passenger car with the potential to accommodate a couple of other people for shorter trips, I think you'll be satisfied with its seating capacity. My 3-series BMW sedan was similar, as was my Infiniti G37 coupe. If you really want comfortable seating for four, the G80 is the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exactly, G70 is a entry level Luxury sport sedan, can't be as big as Midsize or Fullsize Sedans,but it will be very comfortable for me.I am a little guy so fits is not a problem.
btw, I did own a 323i and a G35

·
Registered
399 Posts
Exactly, G70 is a entry level Luxury sport sedan, can't be as big as Midsize or Fullsize Sedans,but it will be very comfortable for me.I am a little guy so fits is not a problem.
btw, I did own a 323i and a G35
I agree, probably the best hing to compare it to that has been out for a while now is the Q50 from Infiniti. They both seem very similar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree, probably the best hing to compare it to that has been out for a while now is the Q50 from Infiniti. They both seem very similar.

Yes, the 3.0 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport with 400 HP seems the closest to the 3.3 G70. Both have dual turbos The G70 has more updated tech while the Q50RS has a bit more room and at least nominally, a more powerful engine. There's also the Stinger, of course, which is essentially a roomier, less-sporty G70. If people need better accommodation for rear-seat passengers and don't mind a heavier, somewhat softer car, the Stinger is a very viable option. In some ways, it's sort of a bargain G80.

For me, one of the disadvantages of the Infiniti Q50RS is the run-flat tires which, by all accounts, are pretty terrible and really compromise handling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts