Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty interesting read and I'm curious to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

Cars.com has had a G70 in their possession for the past 6 and a half months. They published an article where they say they haven't been able to access their services records on the owners portal because they haven't been posted by Genesis.

In 6½ months of ownership, our G70 has thrice visited the dealer through Genesis’ remote valet service: in February and March to fix a shaky head-up display, and more recently for a mid-June oil change and tire rotation.
As of this writing, Genesis has not yet posted those records in our owner’s portal.
When we logged in, both the mobile app and desktop site showed no service history, despite the site promising that any authorized dealer would post such records after the fact. At this point, our dealership had completed the G70’s first service nearly two weeks earlier — on June 17 — and a dealer rep assured us at the time that the online profile should update within a couple days. Not so.
Had we not been proactive, we might have no service records whatsoever on our G70. When our valet returned the car each time, he furnished no physical paperwork — a standard practice unless otherwise requested, the dealership later confirmed. We contacted the service department and asked for electronic copies, and a representative said he would email them to us. (Nearly a day has passed, and we have yet to receive any records.)

As of July 1, Genesis indicated online that our profile had last been updated that same day, yet it still alerted us that the G70 needed maintenance. We reached out to Genesis’ public-relations team about the issue on July 2; a spokesman did not immediately respond, but after several hours, our owner’s portal indicated in a fresh update that same day that our car no longer needed service. No doubt the correction came because we raised the issue, but the portal still lacks any service records.
How has everyone's experiences been with the owners portal or with the Genesis app?

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a pretty interesting read and I'm curious to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

Cars.com has had a G70 in their possession for the past 6 and a half months. They published an article where they say they haven't been able to access their services records on the owners portal because they haven't been posted by Genesis.

How has everyone's experiences been with the owners portal or with the Genesis app?
A different situation, but also incorrect. I’ve gotten two or three emails saying that I’m due for service. When I open the app, it says the same thing. I only have 1,500 miles on my car and I’ve only had it about 3 1/2 months.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A different situation, but also incorrect. I’ve gotten two or three emails saying that I’m due for service. When I open the app, it says the same thing. I only have 1,500 miles on my car and I’ve only had it about 3 1/2 months.
Has anything changed on your end with the emails? Have they figured things out yet?

·
Registered
399 Posts
In a way these issues are to be expected with the Genesis brand actually becoming properly established for the first time. At least far more Genesis dealerships have gone up in the U.S. Not many are left to go up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently these issues are still going on. Cars.com wrote an article for their long term review of the G70 and the mentioned that they still couldn't access service records on the owners portal.

Genesis’ owner portal has yet to show any online service records for our G70, a capability the portal purports to have, but this time — unlike the first few times our G70 went in — we at least received paper records on the back end. (After we reported on missing records of any type in July, Genesis officials told us the brand was still grappling with technical hurdles to getting the online records posted. Soon afterward, our dealership sent us paper records for all visits.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts