Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the day off saw a great deal on a 2019 lexus ES350 at parkplace in dallas for $36K with 7K miles. I was going to go there on Monday to pick it up. The problem with the ES is the maintence cost. I don't like replacing sparkplugs at $1200+ every 60K miles. I looked into the G80. No one here had one so I had to drive 80 miles to longview to get it. I went there JUST to sit in the thing to see how much room I had etc. The ES is a light tight sitting down. I didn't want test drive it but I did and the side door kept rubbing my knee on the hard plastic and I said no way. I was told by the arkansas guys that the sport package one had a different interior and I wanted to see that and somehow looked at a new g70. It was MSRP around $49K and I said no way I can't go that high. I was walking away and said wait a minute let me show you this car over here. He told me about a 2019 G70 3.3T RWD Prestige package one. he said they mispriced it on the internet but he said he is pretty sure they will take that price. A long story short, the price was $38,971 or something. The sticker was $49+ and the dealer add on's made it $53K+. It had 303 miles on it. I ended up getting that thing with no dealer add on's etc.
I was looking at a Toyota avalon hybrid limited 43+ MPG!!!!! I drive 26K miles a year
I was looking at the ES350 good interior etc and decent speed normal MPG
honda CR-V touring (I am a computer dealer and sometimes carry large loads).

I was looking for a car with a large trunk, also would like 300+ HP and 30MPG. My last car 2014 Acura RLX was totaled due to hail. a acura RLX hybrid can do 375HP and around 30MPG.

I was scared that I would get poor gas mileage with this since it showed 17 and then 20 Combined. My cousin drove it home and got 24MPG on the freeway. I am going to try to use premium gas and see what happens. I am used to premium in every car I have but this. I haven't even been able to drive it yet since I had to drive the rental car I got (ford fiesta) home. I have no idea how much this thing is going to cost me for maintence but I know it can't be as much as the lexus. I won't be able to haul large loads but I can hall some and can always rent a SUV to get stuff.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum @krava and congratulation on your new G70! You got one heck of a deal for a car with only 303 miles! What convinced you to go with it over the Avalon or ES? Was it the price or something else?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Whoa? your old RLX was totalled from Hail?

Have any pictures of that? It must have been one hell of a hail storm.

Congrats on the G70! And welcome to the forum. Post some pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey @krava. You'll enjoy this much more than the ES!
Are you planning to get any modifications and/or accessories done or keep it stock?
Keep us posted on what gas mileage is like.

·
Registered
2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
20 Posts
I’m coming from a 2017 GS Lexus and have driven the new ES many, many times. I was also considering the ES before I leased my G70 3.3t since I used to request them as loaners from Park Place Lexus and was impressed with their quiet and smooth ride. Plus their NA V6 though extremely dated, is tried and true. I considered getting a fully loaded ES F-Sport but I’m extremely happy w/ my decision to get my fully loaded G70 instead. It really depends on what’s important to you whether you made the right decision or not. The G70 is much more exciting to drive, much faster, better handling, attracts more attention (in a good way) and has cheaper maintenance. The ES will have better gas mileage, a more serene driving experience, hold it’s value much better and will last longer... I know Hyunda/Kia has the best warranty in the business w/ 10 years, 100k miles but ES Lexi are known to go past 200k easy w/ regular maintenance. There is still a ? regarding Genesis’ 3.3t reliability past 100k.

Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your G70!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’m coming from a 2017 GS Lexus and have driven the new ES many, many times. I was also considering the ES before I leased my G70 3.3t since I used to request them as loaners from Park Place Lexus and was impressed with their quiet and smooth ride. Plus their NA V6 though extremely dated, is tried and true. I considered getting a fully loaded ES F-Sport but I’m extremely happy w/ my decision to get my fully loaded G70 instead. It really depends on what’s important to you whether you made the right decision or not. The G70 is much more exciting to drive, much faster, better handling, attracts more attention (in a good way) and has cheaper maintenance. The ES will have better gas mileage, a more serene driving experience, hold it’s value much better and will last longer... I know Hyunda/Kia has the best warranty in the business w/ 10 years, 100k miles but ES Lexi are known to go past 200k easy w/ regular maintenance. There is still a ? regarding Genesis’ 3.3t reliability past 100k.

How does the GS compare to the G70?

·
Registered
532 Posts

What are your thoughts on the new Lexus IS? Do you see yourself possibly switching to it if Lexus does enough right things? Apparently this time around it will be even more performance focused and could have some switch from the G70!

·
Registered
20 Posts
How does the GS compare to the G70?
The GS is more comfortable (though the G70 definitely provides plenty of comfort for me), has softer seats, a softer armrest, smoother ride, etc. I also prefer the size of the GS more since I do occasionally have people in my back seats. The GS handles well but I give the slight edge to the G70. The G70 is funnier, much faster and overall a better performer objectively than the NA V6 GS that costs slightly more. I have no regrets trading in my GS. I am disappointed Lexus decided to discontinue it for 2021 though. If Lexus would have improved it’s performance, updated it’s somewhat dated looking interior and did some tweaks to the exterior styling I would have been very interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are your thoughts on the new Lexus IS? Do you see yourself possibly switching to it if Lexus does enough right things? Apparently this time around it will be even more performance focused and could have some switch from the G70!
It‘s nice looking. I personally wouldn’t consider it though. Of course I haven’t driven the new IS but I’ve driven the 2020 model several times and I just wasn‘t too impressed. The new IS from what I’ve heard is a refresh though it was improved some for performance. I think the G70 will still be objectively better as it currently is but I’m sure we’ll be getting a refreshed G70 sometime soon that will be even more impressive.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The GS is more comfortable (though the G70 definitely provides plenty of comfort for me), has softer seats, a softer armrest, smoother ride, etc. I also prefer the size of the GS more since I do occasionally have people in my back seats. The GS handles well but I give the slight edge to the G70. The G70 is funnier, much faster and overall a better performer objectively than the NA V6 GS that costs slightly more. I have no regrets trading in my GS. I am disappointed Lexus decided to discontinue it for 2021 though. If Lexus would have improved it’s performance, updated it’s somewhat dated looking interior and did some tweaks to the exterior styling I would have been very interested.
Yeah I'm surprised they let it go. I guess they want more focus on SUVs unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started looking at the IS's and was completely disappointed after reading how well they rated in Consumer Reports. Thought the interior was cramped and dated. No CarPlay either although I hear the wised up for 2021+. BMW wants $90/year for Carplay. Really? You don't own your radio?

BTW I paid 43K for a 2019 3.3T Sport loaded in December. New.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts