Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the day off saw a great deal on a 2019 lexus ES350 at parkplace in dallas for $36K with 7K miles. I was going to go there on Monday to pick it up. The problem with the ES is the maintence cost. I don't like replacing sparkplugs at $1200+ every 60K miles. I looked into the G80. No one here had one so I had to drive 80 miles to longview to get it. I went there JUST to sit in the thing to see how much room I had etc. The ES is a light tight sitting down. I didn't want test drive it but I did and the side door kept rubbing my knee on the hard plastic and I said no way. I was told by the arkansas guys that the sport package one had a different interior and I wanted to see that and somehow looked at a new g70. It was MSRP around $49K and I said no way I can't go that high. I was walking away and said wait a minute let me show you this car over here. He told me about a 2019 G70 3.3T RWD Prestige package one. he said they mispriced it on the internet but he said he is pretty sure they will take that price. A long story short, the price was $38,971 or something. The sticker was $49+ and the dealer add on's made it $53K+. It had 303 miles on it. I ended up getting that thing with no dealer add on's etc.
I was looking at a Toyota avalon hybrid limited 43+ MPG!!!!! I drive 26K miles a year
I was looking at the ES350 good interior etc and decent speed normal MPG
honda CR-V touring (I am a computer dealer and sometimes carry large loads).

I was looking for a car with a large trunk, also would like 300+ HP and 30MPG. My last car 2014 Acura RLX was totaled due to hail. a acura RLX hybrid can do 375HP and around 30MPG.

I was scared that I would get poor gas mileage with this since it showed 17 and then 20 Combined. My cousin drove it home and got 24MPG on the freeway. I am going to try to use premium gas and see what happens. I am used to premium in every car I have but this. I haven't even been able to drive it yet since I had to drive the rental car I got (ford fiesta) home. I have no idea how much this thing is going to cost me for maintence but I know it can't be as much as the lexus. I won't be able to haul large loads but I can hall some and can always rent a SUV to get stuff.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum @krava and congratulation on your new G70! You got one heck of a deal for a car with only 303 miles! What convinced you to go with it over the Avalon or ES? Was it the price or something else?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Whoa? your old RLX was totalled from Hail?

Have any pictures of that? It must have been one hell of a hail storm.

Congrats on the G70! And welcome to the forum. Post some pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey @krava. You'll enjoy this much more than the ES!
Are you planning to get any modifications and/or accessories done or keep it stock?
Keep us posted on what gas mileage is like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts