Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas and Ladies :smile2:,
Noob here and I have a question. Beneath the the front bumper of the car there are 2 tabs next to the left and right tires. Is this to alert you the tire is approaching a curb?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its the first time i'm seeing them and not sure what it is. Maybe the owners manual mentions it? I would link the manual but I need more posts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would think that is what they are for, at least it would make perfect sense!!! But I honestly don’t know what they are for either!Sorry but awesome color choice!! I have an SI Prestige and I get soo many compliments on the color! Super easy to maintain as well! Congrats and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
That does make sense that they help let you know you're close to a curb. The only other possibility I can think of is that those tabs somehow play a role in the G70's aerodynamics for more aggressive driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys I looked in the manual, either I missed it or they just don't mention it. You guys/gals have the same under your G70's? As a curb notifier I would think they would have a better solution?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just checked and yes I have them as well. They sit back a little bit but hmmmm, not really sure what they are! Farther back than I would think for letting you know you are hitting a parking block or whatever..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Genesis has been selling G70's much faster these last couple months so i'm sure we'll get an answer soon enough. So far no one seems to know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fellas and Ladies :smile2:,
Noob here and I have a question. Beneath the the front bumper of the car there are 2 tabs next to the left and right tires. Is this to alert you the tire is approaching a curb?

If they are there to “detect” a high parking block, they don’t work. I already have a minor scrape - not really visible, but I heard it. The front sonar warning alert sounded, but I assumed that it was the for pole that was about 4 feet away. I won’t assume next time. ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If they are there to “detect” a high parking block, they don’t work. I already have a minor scrape - not really visible, but I heard it. The front sonar warning alert sounded, but I assumed that it was the for pole that was about 4 feet away. I won’t assume next time. ?

Thanks for the replies. I did some more digging couldnt find an answer. However, speaking to someone on the phone thinks it just was part of the manufacturing process but serves no real purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have accounts on other G70 forums? Maybe you can post it on one of those.... and report back?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Reddit has a sizable G70 community going on and some Genesis communities on Facebook, from what I have seen. All great resources!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts