Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Once it hits showroom floors, the Genesis G70 will be competing against three German big hitters in the premium compact sedan segment; the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, and Mercedes C-Class. Hyundai’s new sub-brand knows this and that’s probably why a Genesis G70 test mule was spotted tackling the Nurburgring.

Much of the body is still hidden under heavy camouflage, but the G70 should take some design elements from its source of inspiration, the larger G80 and G90. We’re also expecting rear-wheel drive architecture, which CarScoops says should make it lighter and faster than the new Kia Stinger.

Consequently, that would mean the G70 could go from 0-62 mph in less than 4.9 seconds, a time set by the V6-powered Stinger.

Potential buyers can expect to see it offered with optional all-wheel drive and several engine choices including the Stinger’s 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 engine, delivering 365hp and 376lb-ft of torque. Combined with a lighter body, the G70 could hit a top speed in excess of 167 mph. Other engine options should include four-cylinder models, just so Genesis can appeal to a wider customer base.

Hopefully, Genesis will debut a production ready G70 prototype before the end of this year or early next year, perhaps at the Los Angeles Auto Show or the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I assume those two holes under the headlights is where the fog lights will be installed. Though I would prefer to see the mule testing around the curved roads of gorges and canyons, Nurburgring tests do have merit when it comes to turn turns and corners.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It could be just for testing purposes or to throw us off but given what we seen in the concept and what the rest of Genesis cars look like this won't happen come time for production. Its just weird.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I assume those two holes under the headlights is where the fog lights will be installed. Though I would prefer to see the mule testing around the curved roads of gorges and canyons, Nurburgring tests do have merit when it comes to turn turns and corners.
The two circular holes revealing the camouflage? Those are probably for the parking sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
johnnyb
Genesis G70 Forum
Genesis G70 Forum is the best community to discuss horsepower, specs, build, interior and much more. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing