Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Havana Red G70 Sport AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I got a great deal on a Red 2020 3.3T AWD Sport a few weeks ago. I have already done my first mods: Clear Bra on the front, hood and rocker panels and tint on the windows. This car is truly a driver's car and I am loving it. Not driving it much during the winter weather as I still have my 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium AWD which I need to sell. I do enjoy explaining what this car is to the general population which is largely unaware of Genesis.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Everyone. I got a great deal on a Red 2020 3.3T AWD Sport a few weeks ago. I have already done my first mods: Clear Bra on the front, hood and rocker panels and tint on the windows. This car is truly a driver's car and I am loving it. Not driving it much during the winter weather as I still have my 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium AWD which I need to sell. I do enjoy explaining what this car is to the general population which is largely unaware of Genesis.
Welcome to the forum @Redsport and congrats on your new G70! How dark did you tint your windows? Do you have any other mods planned?

I also enjoy talking about Genesis to people that aren't familiar. It doesn't take long to convince then about how good the G70 can be.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome @Redsport

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the G70?
Would love to see some pictures of it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a series of great cars and average cars over the years. My first Hyundai was a 2006 Sonata - nice car.
Then I grabbed one of the early 2010 Genesis Coupes 2.0L with a manual transmission - great fun.
Followed it up with a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0L Turbo. 8 speed automatic. Certainly a step up.
Again, I loved those cars so I couldn't resist a 2015 Genesis Coupe Ultimate - 3.8L Turbo, Brembos, 8 speed DUAL CLUTCH transmission, 0-60 5.0 secs. I capitalized this because If you have never driven a dual clutch auto then you don't know what a step down the current G70 Transmission is. It was kept as kind of a secret because there was no documentation stating that it was not a dual-clutch. I have been seriously disappointed with the current transmission as its fine if you don't push the paddle shifters much. In fact it's terrible at low speed gear changes in Sport Mode.
However, If you are cranking the car hard off the line at high revs the trans is fine. I think the shift point is around 4500 where the shifts will be smooth. My coupe could upshift and especially downshift w/ rev matching very smoothly at around 3200. Maybe down the road that trans will show up again but its surprising to me on my $55K G70 that they didn't use the same transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @Redsport and congrats on your new G70! How dark did you tint your windows? Do you have any other mods planned?

I also enjoy talking about Genesis to people that aren't familiar. It doesn't take long to convince then about how good the G70 can be.
Hi Robert88. Sorry for the late reply. I had trouble getting back into the forum. Anyway, I was a chicken with the window tint and only went to the legal limit in Indiana, which is 35%. I don't really have any other modifications in mind, but my next to projects are to graphene coat the interior and then to graphene coat the exterior when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome @Redsport
Welcome @Redsport

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the G70?
Would love to see some pictures of it!
Hi FastG. Sorry for the late reply, but I had trouble getting back into the forum. I initially was looking at a Stinger, but when I drove it, the interior seemed cheap and unappealing. Since the G70 had the same engine and transmission, I decided to check it out. I was in love after the first drive! I will take some pictures after the Indiana winter comes to an end. or maybe after I apply my graphene coating.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Robert88. Sorry for the late reply. I had trouble getting back into the forum. Anyway, I was a chicken with the window tint and only went to the legal limit in Indiana, which is 35%. I don't really have any other modifications in mind, but my next to projects are to graphene coat the interior and then to graphene coat the exterior when the weather warms up.
35% is still a pretty nice tint. I haven't had a car tinted like that. How's it to drive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
35% is still a pretty nice tint. I haven't had a car tinted like that. How's it to drive?
It has been so much fun to drive that I look for excuses to do so! I have applied the graphene ceramic exterior and interior coatings and will soon post about that experience given the questions about it on the forum.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It has been so much fun to drive that I look for excuses to do so! I have applied the graphene ceramic exterior and interior coatings and will soon post about that experience given the questions about it on the forum.
I look forward to hearing about how the coating went. I feel the same way about my G70. Any chance I get to drive it I'm immediately out the door haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts