Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
84,500 Hyundai Genesis Coupes from 2010-2016 (Manufactured between December 12th 2008 and June 11th 2016) have been recalled by Hyundai due to a problem with the front passenger airbags.

From Carscoops:
As a result, and in the event of a crash, the airbag might only deploy in the first stage when the second stage is warranted, and it might deploy even when there's a child seat in place that should disengage the airbag.
Owners of these vehicles will be notified starting December 2nd to arrange services.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I often get worried about these types of recalls (the ones that have the ability to increase the risk of a fatal accident). Especially because of the wait before they notify the owners.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If it was up to me I would yank the air bag fuse or find someway to disable it till i'm ready to take it into the dealer. And during that time be very cautious of how I drive since that's something we all can do even with people driving behind you.

Thanks for posting about this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most definitely.. when I see recalls like these, I don't take lightly to them and I feel urged to notify as many people as I can.

If it was something stupid like a tail light bulb socket or something like that, it wouldn't bother me too much. But when it can be fatal to people, oh boy.

I think Jeep was doing that though when they had the recall for their airbags. They put people on a waiting list and just grounded it off to disconnect it or something like that.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well see, that depends, even with something as simple as a bulb socket can be an issue. If it's something that's known to cause a fire then you really need to do something about it right away. The last thing you want is to wake up to a fire coming from the garage... that's if you even wake up.

even more important for people to take action since I imagine a number of us here have a family we move around in these.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely.. but I mean.. it's very rare when you'll see something that serious. I can imagine they would treat a recall like that with a lot more media and putting it out there because of the risk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Definitely.. but I mean.. it's very rare when you'll see something that serious. I can imagine they would treat a recall like that with a lot more media and putting it out there because of the risk
My point is it all comes down to safety which is the whole motivation behind recalls, if it had even the slightest chance at putting ones life in danger then its a recall.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is all it comes down to indeed ^

Whether it's a fuel leak, a faulty seat belt bracket bolt, or a stupid bulb, every component of the vehicle in some scenario can pose a life hazard to a certain degree. That's why we have recalls and that's why everyone needs to get them taken care of. The main thing is, they notify the owners. Depending on urgency, that's when they'll take more aggressive steps to notify though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts