Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the G70 has yet to officially launch, its worth looking at some of the recalls we've seen on the G80 so far. The windshield was recalled as some models were installed with the incorrect primer, which could reduce the bonding strength. The second issue was a problem with a sensor in the front passenger seat, which may incorrectly identify whether or not an adult is present. This later issue is fixed via a reprogramming and Genesis has just started working through affected vehicles.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I won't mind going back to the dealer for things like sensors and easy to deal with stuff. Paint on the other hand would discourage me from buying. Fortunately the G70's paint requires a new process, our odds have improved.

·
Registered
92 Posts
At least it looks like they are jumping on issues right away. Not a whole can be done to prevent software issues, as they often don't reveal themselves right away.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I can imagine it getting better as more Genesis models come but we'll be in for a wait because the G70 is the only completely new Genesis product. Next one is a G80 for 2020.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are always risks with launching a brand new model, despite the rigorous Q&A testing that's been done. Even Toyota products have seen a lot of recalls lately, and that brand is considered one of the most reliable in the industry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts