Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am shopping for a new car. I love everything I've seen about the 2022 G70 except one thing, reliability. The Car and Driver long term test car had to have a turbo and transmission replaced and Consumer Reports gives it a less than average. I know it has a 10 year warranty but breaking down all the time is not good. I went through that before with my 1989 Taures SHO. I drove a M340i yesterday and was stunned by its power but by the time I get some of the options the G70 has it's 12K more expensive with only a 4 year warranty. Please help me out by letting me know if you have had reliability issue with your G70.
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had zero problems with the engine and transmission.
I got $12,000 off my G70 very happy with it and I will never get rid of it.

I promise you a BMW will have way more reliability issues long term.

·
Registered
10 Posts

My 2019-g70 awd t4. Has 12500 miles,it's like new. No problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
I am shopping for a new car. I love everything I've seen about the 2022 G70 except one thing, reliability. The Car and Driver long term test car had to have a turbo and transmission replaced and Consumer Reports gives it a less than average. I know it has a 10 year warranty but breaking down all the time is not good. I went through that before with my 1989 Taures SHO. I drove a M340i yesterday and was stunned by its power but by the time I get some of the options the G70 has it's 12K more expensive with only a 4 year warranty. Please help me out by letting me know if you have had reliability issue with your G70.
Thanks!
I just went an re-read the C & D long term test with the 2 liter, 4 banger and there was no mention of a turbo failure or tranny problem. They did hit a deer and parts took a long time to arrive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Frustrating that their major complaint is that they wished they and bought the bigger engine. Seems like the smaller engine exceeded their expectations for what they bought. They should have evaluated it based on that reality.

Otherwise great review.

·
Registered
4 Posts

How were able to get $12k off your G70? I'm waiting for the 2022 to come out and I know it'll be harder to get a discount, but any pointers you can share on negotiating the price would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How were able to get $12k off your G70? I'm waiting for the 2022 to come out and I know it'll be harder to get a discount, but any pointers you can share on negotiating the price would be awesome. Thanks.
My wife and I really didn't do anything special we bought the car in October of 2020 it was built in February of 2020. At the time Kia / Hyundai was having there employee pricing event for everyone just like GM does they just don't advertise it nearly as much. Well Genesis does the same thing. They also give discounts to the NFL and for some reason they were kind of giving out that discount as well. Are saleswoman she was very nice told us that the computer tells her how much of a discount she can give, and it was $12,000 off for the most expensive model.
We also could have gotten about $12,000 off the Kia Stinger as well.

We also got excellent financing my wife and I have very good credit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts