Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got a Sport 3.3 about a month ago. I love it, but for some stupid reason when you remote start it (which I do often this time of year in Canada) the bloody hazard lights flash the whole time it's running. I hate it. It's embarrassing.

Does anybody know if / how this particular hazard light feature can be deactivated?

Sincerely,

Embarrassed To Remote Start His Car

·
Registered
515 Posts
So, I just got a Sport 3.3 about a month ago. I love it, but for some stupid reason when you remote start it (which I do often this time of year in Canada) the bloody hazard lights flash the whole time it's running. I hate it. It's embarrassing.

Does anybody know if / how this particular hazard light feature can be deactivated?

Sincerely,

Welcome to the forum!
Its a safety feature originally included for the Korean market. Other Genesis vehicles have it too and there doesn't seem to be a fix.
The dealer/service/engineering menus might provide a way to toggle it on/off. And, apparently there's a way to reduce the flashing time via a widget. How long does it flash for?

·
Registered
272 Posts

Sincerely,

Welcome @jwoodwar! Like @FastG said it seems Genesis didn't bother changing the programming for non Korean G70's which is annoying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!
Its a safety feature originally included for the Korean market. Other Genesis vehicles have it too and there doesn't seem to be a fix.
The dealer/service/engineering menus might provide a way to toggle it on/off. And, apparently there's a way to reduce the flashing time via a widget. How long does it flash for?
Only the whole time it's running. I'm going to have to investigate further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts