Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got a Sport 3.3 about a month ago. I love it, but for some stupid reason when you remote start it (which I do often this time of year in Canada) the bloody hazard lights flash the whole time it's running. I hate it. It's embarrassing.

Does anybody know if / how this particular hazard light feature can be deactivated?

Sincerely,

Embarrassed To Remote Start His Car

·
Registered
537 Posts
So, I just got a Sport 3.3 about a month ago. I love it, but for some stupid reason when you remote start it (which I do often this time of year in Canada) the bloody hazard lights flash the whole time it's running. I hate it. It's embarrassing.

Does anybody know if / how this particular hazard light feature can be deactivated?

Sincerely,

Welcome to the forum!
Its a safety feature originally included for the Korean market. Other Genesis vehicles have it too and there doesn't seem to be a fix.
The dealer/service/engineering menus might provide a way to toggle it on/off. And, apparently there's a way to reduce the flashing time via a widget. How long does it flash for?

·
Registered
314 Posts

Sincerely,

Welcome @jwoodwar! Like @FastG said it seems Genesis didn't bother changing the programming for non Korean G70's which is annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Its a safety feature originally included for the Korean market. Other Genesis vehicles have it too and there doesn't seem to be a fix.
The dealer/service/engineering menus might provide a way to toggle it on/off. And, apparently there's a way to reduce the flashing time via a widget. How long does it flash for?
Only the whole time it's running. I'm going to have to investigate further.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum!
It flashes as long as the car is still running. And when you're brushing the snow off it, it still flashes. Sometimes when you get into it, it continues to flash then as well. My 2014 Grand Caravan has a better remote start than this thing.

I still love it, though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts